Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo: A Star Wars Story

Default Solo: A Star Wars Story

I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Can't take that logo seriously, reminds me too much of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmX12mFoeE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aHNKziN-fE

Then that reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NJFsRPniBM
    Last edited by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!; 6th February 2018 at 06:58 PM.

Time to ruin the mystery behind a classic character with unnecessary backstory?

I mean the trailers fine, but I don't really need to see the lesser adventures of young Solo, couldn't they just have a new character with a Solo cameo?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

I mean the trailers fine, but I don't really need to see the lesser adventures of young Solo, couldn't they just have a new character with a Solo cameo?
    ^I agree with this.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thought that as long it isn't Rian Johnson directing no explanation is required.

I don't wish to prejudge the movie but I thought the trailer was pretty underwhelming. Combined with all the dramas surrounding the making of the movie I won't be in a rush to see it.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

I think I know where you are coming from. Han's younger & lesser adventures may somehow detract from his persona &/or ruin the mystery. I disagree. I'm looking forward to looking backward in time to see the events that helped shape the man he is today, not just from trilogy series. 'Lesser' adventures does not necessarily equate to unworthy or unnecessary backstory IMO.

Although different, it reminds me when distinguished music artist 'come out of retirement' to pursue their love of their career. Some fans will always reject the revival. Please don't go ruining the legacy you left us with, blah, blah, blah. We want to remember you as you were then, blah, blah, blah.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I don't wish to prejudge the movie but I thought the trailer was pretty underwhelming. Combined with all the dramas surrounding the making of the movie I won't be in a rush to see it.
    On other news game of thrones people are asked to do a new Star Wars trilogy.
    This is how Disney has taken feedback about Rian's take and not sure they be doing his trilogy.

I don't think is bad but yeah after the last Jedi, kinda lost for a good Star Wars movie especially this was budgeted.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    On other news game of thrones people are asked to do a new Star Wars trilogy.
    This is how Disney has taken feedback about Rian's take and not sure they be doing his trilogy.
    Literally no where has this been suggested.

“These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”