Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Japanese Movie Identification

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    Weather woman 1 was funny as
    What is your favorite scene in the movie???

You don't need to answer as i probably already know

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    Weather woman 1 was funny as
    I keep seeing that at JB and Borders and am so tempted to grab it.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    i have a jap film that needs a name

It was really like an X rated blue film

it was set in samurai periods, it featured a widower of a samurai.

A trio i think, of ninja?? sisters who fight some guys. One of them gets turned into a tree and makes out with the enemy.

And there is a white woman who uses 'magic moving picture scroll" to seduce some Dojo master.

Im sure the name of the filum was something like ninja scroll, yes im aware of "Ninja scroll" (
    Roller, I think you are searching for: Lady Ninja:Reflections of Darkness. Really bizarre imo hehe.

Now then, im looking for a movie also. Its about a blind swordsman (samurai?) who has bleached-blonde hair and he basically never loses a fight, lol. Anyone got any idea whats it's called? It's only a couple of years old (i think).

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    Roller, I think you are searching for: Lady Ninja:Reflections of Darkness. Really bizarre imo hehe.

Now then, im looking for a movie also. Its about a blind swordsman (samurai?) who has bleached-blonde hair and he basically never loses a fight, lol. Anyone got any idea whats it's called? It's only a couple of years old (i think).
    Zatoichi, staring none other than the one and only Takeshi Kitano. I believe this movie was based off of a classic Manga? And he's only blind because he chooses to be, as later on he starts using his eyes again for some reason or other.

There needs to be a Japanese Film appreciation thread, unless this current thread can serve a dual purpose...

Thats the one, thanks bro. I would never have figured it out myself since it's a forgein name.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    Zatoichi, staring none other than the one and only Takeshi Kitano. I believe this movie was based off of a classic Manga? And he's only blind because he chooses to be, as later on he starts using his eyes again for some reason or other.

There needs to be a Japanese Film appreciation thread, unless this current thread can serve a dual purpose...
    That's another good flick though it kinda weirded me out during the final dance number.

One of my favourites was a movie called "The Blade"(I think).

Kitano Takeshi, more commonly known as "Beat Takeshi" is a freakin' legend! And he's pretty smart too! He runs this cool talk show on Japanese TV where they confront some interesting social issues in Japan... stuff that most people don't like to think or talk about, he drags them out. He has this studio audience which are like half Japanese and half foreigners and they debate about social issues from various different peoples' POVs. He gets in Japanese celebrity guests and everything. I loved that show but I don't know if it's still on.