Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Collection counting methods

I'm sorry, but this thread is reserved for the discussion of Non-UCM methodologies. Please move on.

I think we should add an article for EVERY character, let alone line, let alone style. There are hardly enough. And let's be serious for the moment, this stuff is complex!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    1. Is it a "Transformer" (r)/(tm) ?
    2. Does it transform?

If yes to both, it counts. If not, it doesn't.

I have moved a post discussing the UCM into the relevant thread.

Can we please accept that this method exists for a specific purpose and move on? If you want to discuss the merits of the (collective) decisions made in the UCM polls, fine, but can we please cease sniping at the UCM's existence? I'll just delete any more posts which question why it exists. That has been explained several times.

In other news, I realised I wasn't counting a few of my reissues - Anime Astrotrain, White Astrotrain, Anime Galvatron & Ghost Starscream (I had listed them as variants), although I was counting Movie Preview Ultra Magnus. Yay my count increases by four d:
    Last edited by dirge; 9th March 2008 at 12:25 PM.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    1. Is it a "Transformer" (r)/(tm) ?
    2. Does it transform?

If yes to both, it counts. If not, it doesn't.
    According to your system...
    b. Do Action Masters and their weapons and vehicles also count? (are Catgut, Wingthing and Turboboard Transformers?)
    d. According to your rules, all multiples and variants would count.
    g. How do multi-in-1s count? (would you count Magmatron and Reflector?)
    h. "Peripheral" Transformers would count (e.g.: Scamper, Full-Tilt, Gasket, Grommet, Sixgun et al.)
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 9th March 2008 at 01:03 PM.

Please apply my two questions to each of your and tell me where you think it fails and we'll discuss those.

To me, in many of these queries, the answer to my question two is obviously no, so it doesn't count. Tell me where you specifically think the two question test fails.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Can we please accept that this method exists for a specific purpose and move on? If you want to discuss the merits of the (collective) decisions made in the UCM polls, fine, but can we please cease sniping at the UCM's existence? I'll just delete any more posts which question why it exists. That has been explained several times.
    I thought the ENTIRE point of this thread was for those that did NOT want to move on and to spare us from discussing it in the UCM thread. Now, you're taking that away from us?

I thought the ENTIRE point of this thread was for those that did NOT want to move on and to spare us from discussing it in the UCM thread. Now, you're taking that away from us?
    You're more than welcome to question the collective decision making. IE why people feel the need to count Brickbears. But please respect the reason for the UCM existing.

If you don't want to participate in the annual polls (for which the UCM was created), fine. Noone is forcing you to do so. But respect what Goktimus is trying to do with those polls. End of debate.

hotcross buns soon

Tell me where you specifically think the two question test fails.
    As I said, I pretty much follow the same system.

The Actionmasters are a defined anomaly, because Hasbro specifically marketed them as "Transformers that have lost the ability to transform".

Your second question does introduce some issues relating to transforming "accessories" such as AM Partners and Targetmaster guns (etc). Most fans don't count them, but others insists they are Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    According to your system...
    b. Do Action Masters and their weapons and vehicles also count? (are Catgut, Wingthing and Turboboard Transformers?)
    d. According to your rules, all multiples and variants would count.
    g. How do multi-in-1s count? (would you count Magmatron and Reflector?)
    h. "Peripheral" Transformers would count (e.g.: Scamper, Full-Tilt, Gasket, Grommet, Sixgun et al.)
    b. No. I know this is disputed, but it fails the 2nd test.
    d. This is not a Transformer specific question. This is a generic "collector" question. Do two 1974 pennies make a 2 coin collection? I don't know. I personally consider a collection an array of UNIQUE pieces.
    g. If there is only one collective alt or robot mode, then it counts as one.
    h. "Peripherals" are just that.

EDIT: Based on the reduction of your questions, it seems to me that to you only these four situations require clarification (which I still disagree with), so that means you should really only need four articles at most.

what the hell is a brick bear?