Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lara Croft Barbie dolls. Any give a damn?

Default Lara Croft Barbie dolls. Any give a damn?

So remember that 2013 Tomb Raider reboot that is now being turned into a movie that hopefully will be better than the average video game movie? Well Mattel are making Barbie dolls based on it.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2018/02/1...-raider-barbie

Does anyone care? Cause I really don't think the Barbie and Tomb Raider audience overlap.

But she's so pretty, my precious.... she's mine, lol!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Wouldn't surprise me to see that Barbie is going for an attanetion grab more than nything else.

Look at us, we're empowering young girls, coz we have a Lara toy.
    Even though the movie is probably like an M rating at least.
    (Not a real mattel quote)

Geez, I just looked at the Barbie-Lara pic - could they make her chest any smaller?

Bad enough they started shrinking her boobs from the 1999 game onwards, but this is ridiculous!

They make a Barbie Doll based on how she looked in the TR3 game and I will consider it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Looks fine to me. or you can pay a hundred for hot toys version .
    I would buy this over the Star Wars Kylo ren or Rey by Hasbro. but thats me.

https://www.refinery29.com/2018/02/1...ment-interview

Her boobs isn't big. I am actually fine with this both movie and toy as appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Geez, I just looked at the Barbie-Lara pic - could they make her chest any smaller?

Bad enough they started shrinking her boobs from the 1999 game onwards, but this is ridiculous!

They make a Barbie Doll based on how she looked in the TR3 game and I will consider it.
    Yeah I think there's a trend towards making HEALTHY body images now, hence a variety of heights, chest sizes and weights. If you want .... ahem .... buxom you need to look to Phicen and similar. She is meant to be a role model for would-be female archaeologists, not us fanboys
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Yeah I think there's a trend towards making HEALTHY body images now, hence a variety of heights, chest sizes and weights. If you want .... ahem .... buxom you need to look to Phicen and similar. She is meant to be a role model for would-be female archaeologists, not us fanboys
    She always looked pretty damn healthy to me

Role model for female archeologists? Be it video game or movie, she still wears tiny skin-tight clothing and shoots everything in sight - somehow I don’t think a breast reduction is going to suddenly make her someone realistic for them to aspire to be

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    She is meant to be a role model for would-be female archaeologists...
    I didn't realise the archaeology curriculum included ice axe fighting and archery...

Looks more like an action figure but I wouldn't get it regardless. I like Tomb Raider but not enough of a fan to buy merchandise.

The last Tomb Raider I played (recently) was the reboot from a couple of years ago and it was great though.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    I didn't realise the archaeology curriculum included ice axe fighting and archery...
    Indiana Jones did much of the same, including punching and shooting.

If I had a daughter, I would hope she become a rich tomb robber so I could retire in a life of luxury and no toy would be denied me :P