Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Scathing Review for Hasbro 25th prime

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I finally saw this toy in person today, and it doesn't look as bad as everybody is making out. You'll all live.
    Although I havn't seen it in person, going from the pictures, it's not that bad. I agree, people will live. It's still red to me, I don't see the pink. Sure the trailer could be darker, but meh. I still won't get it due to it being so neutered, and the fact I already own the commemorative version, and thus see the more value in getting the encore version over hasbro versions.

But the worst part of the whole review at the start of the thread is that at least they get the nicer packaged version with the dvd that looks great in box. We get stooged with a flat side packed version that sucks in comparison for even keeping it misb on display.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    Simple: Bright colours attract kids. Kids are who Hasbro usually wants for customers.

But that logic isn't really applicable to this, which is very much aimed at adult collectors rather than the younger audience.
    No, brand/character recognition is what attracts kids. I remember we used to have a whole crapload of dark coloured and realistically coloured toys as kids and they sold just fine.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    After this its very hard to argue that Hasbro takes pride in its releases. However what I don't understand is the obsession which bright fluro type colors. Why does Hasbro Prime need to be always that Pinkish red? The DVD MP Prime had that color too. I can't believe that this color would be any cheaper than the traditional red so its just a stupid decision.
    I believe the brighter colours are supposed to be more cartoony. That's not fluro, btw.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I believe the brighter colours are supposed to be more cartoony.
    It fails:

its Mardi Gras prime!!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I can't believe Hasbro stuffed up so badly on this 25th Anniv Prime... *shakes head*

I mean, He's a flagship toy & on his 25th Anniv, Look what they did to him?!

It baffles me how they gave pink-imus Prime the ok... Are they colourblind or something?!

That pic has obviously been doctored. Here's a more color accurate version:

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    That pic has obviously been doctored. Here's a more color accurate version:

hahahahahahahahaha

Yeah, you gotta wonder why they stuffed up such an iconic figure, i read somewhere that they may have done this colour scheme so as to not depreciate the value of past releases. Thiis sounds wrong to me, really, why would hasbro care what the collector thinks if they can re release the same toy in exactly the same colours?

lol even in that pinked up pic, the cab itself is still much more red than the actual toy!

lol!

I've seen the toy in stores. Looks like @$$. :/

If it were actually coloured pink (instead of cheap diluted red) I would probably buy it for the novelty value. Maybe replace roller with a my little pony and some trolls.