Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Scathing Review for Hasbro 25th prime

The AUD was pretty decent like Encore Convoy came out. Early bird catches the worm as they say.

Ive got an original Prime so meh.....and after seeing sir pinky most defeintly a pass unless in a years time he's selling for like $20 then i would grab him, only for the Autobot symbol voice box thingy it is so cool!!

Ok, finally saw one in person this morning. It's actually not as bad as I expected! The only thing stopping me from getting him is the absence of the DVD.

I saw two in TRU Castle Hill yesterday, both were pretty damn pink on the front of the cab. I could live with the shortened smokestacks, but the pink was glaringly obvious and looks awful next to the red plastic.

Voicebox is pretty sweet, love that it also plays the theme. Still nowhere near worth the $100 or whatever TRU are asking for it (not worth the $80 in Myer or Target either)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I saw two in TRU Castle Hill yesterday, both were pretty damn pink on the front of the cab. I could live with the shortened smokestacks, but the pink was glaringly obvious and looks awful next to the red plastic.

Voicebox is pretty sweet, love that it also plays the theme. Still nowhere near worth the $100 or whatever TRU are asking for it (not worth the $80 in Myer or Target either)
    So many stores had huge piles of it so I would not be surprised if they shelfwarm for months and eventually end up half price or less.

Sadly, Hasbro will see this as further 'proof' that reissues don't sell rather than them making fundamental mistakes in the release of such a toy specially when there are much better Japanese alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Ok, finally saw one in person this morning. It's actually not as bad as I expected! The only thing stopping me from getting him is the absence of the DVD.
    All the photos floating around the net seem quite accurate. In person, Prime really does look that pink to me! Worse still, the arms are a completely different shade of red, making Prime look like there was a bit of lousy panel beating in his past

I was hoping for a really nice g1 tribute, but with tough economic times kicking in, I feel a whole lot better about sticking with Pepsi Prime for now

Saw this in Target, but passed. Dont really need another version of that mold.
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

The changes made to make this mould comply with toy safety laws in the USA still amaze me. Why the long missiles? Surely just solid-moulded (ie fixed on the launcher) missiles would work, and would be cheaper. Ditto for the Seekers.

The box for this Prime is big, but it can't justify him being 60%-100% more than the similarly sized Energon combiner team repaints alongside. I'd expect those to see a _lot_ faster.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I think an Optimus Prime reissue would have sold well last Christmas for nostalgia factor after the movie. I don't think it looks that terrible. I haven't tried the soundbox; is that a "try in package" thing? I guess I didn't look close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    australian releases have no dvd?