Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Scathing Review for Hasbro 25th prime

Picked this guy up today, had to return something so I used the opportunity to snag a new prime. G1 is really the only thing about Transformers that I have a strong interest in and G1 Optimus Prime was my first memorable toy... I have had the French version with the red feet almost my entire life, it has had it's battles and lost a few along the way.
    First thoughts about this toy were that it felt cheap. I knew the colour was a bit washed out and was okay with that, the trailer looks great and it has been many years since I had a roller, petrol pump or even a door that was properly attached to the back. The new OP feels fragile and it also looks pretty rough around the edges, the seams are too prevelant and there are more than a few spots were the plastic looks stressed. I guess it is just the normal way things go now with Hasbro product... which is a shame.
    Having said all that... once I applied the stickers to this guy... he just looked awesome, he has an added knee joint and is as grand as ever on display as leader of the Autobots. I dunno... maybe if you can get him for around $60 it might be okay. I will eventually aquire the encore version as well though.

maaaaannnn
    I've just read this entire thread thinking - crap.. I pre-ordered him, then the dollar dived... I think it cost me over $150... it's on its way so i haven't seen it in person... but .... ssshhheeeeiiiittteeee.

ah well. I may try to squeeze some cash and get an encore prime as well and keep this guy boxed...?
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

I think that I read on one of the american boards that he is around US$28 on sale now... probably a fair price.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

And that's for the better boxed USA edition too........ Yea, the one that looks good as a MISB display model.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

It's times like this I wish I have a buddy in the US.

Yeah but with postage it would probably still be around $75-80 and all you get is an extra dvd... you can go to jb-hifi and get a 17 disc G1 boxset for $80 so it's not really that much of a saving... unless you have a completist compulsion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    Yeah but with postage it would probably still be around $75-80 and all you get is an extra dvd... you can go to jb-hifi and get a 17 disc G1 boxset for $80 so it's not really that much of a saving... unless you have a completist compulsion of course.
    Definite the completist compulsion...

If Optimus was a steak, this release wouldn't be a prime cut. Although, if you like steak pink in the middle he's not a bad buy. I prefer my steak well done, like the Encore release. Shame the cost of meat is so high these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    If Optimus was a steak, this release wouldn't be a prime cut. Although, if you like steak pink in the middle he's not a bad buy. I prefer my steak well done, like the Encore release. Shame the cost of meat is so high these days.
    By well done do you mean 'overcooked' or 'cooked well' because you would have to both marinade and cook Hasbro's 'chuck steak prime' for quite a while on the bbq... just to get it edible. I'm hoping my encore will be like a medium rare porterhouse...

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    By well done do you mean 'overcooked' or 'cooked well' because you would have to both marinade and cook Hasbro's 'chuck steak prime' for quite a while on the bbq... just to get it edible. I'm hoping my encore will be like a medium rare porterhouse...
    Cooked well my good man. You have to be careful though because if you do overcook there's a chance he could turn into Nemesis chuck prime.