Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Scathing Review for Hasbro 25th prime

Compare the pair...

Colours:
    25th Anniv. has bright (IMO garish) colours.
    Encore has G1-accurate colours (more or less).
    Winner: ENCORE

Smokestacks:
    25th Anniv. has shortened smokestacks, as do all Hasbro reissues due to child safety laws
    Encore has full sized smokestacks due to Japanese reissues NOT being aimed a children!

Missiles (Combat Deck):
    25th Anniv. has ridiculously oversized missiles - even though Hasbro has proven that another alternative is to remove the launching mechanism
    Encore has original sized missiles and powerful launching mechanism

Bonus Goodies:
    25th Anniv. comes with comic book (US version comes with DVD), neither of which are exclusive to the toy. It has a sound box.
    Encore comes with tech spec card.
    Winner: 25TH ANNIV.

Standard RRP:
    25th Anniv. RRP is approx. $100 (TRU are selling them for about $80 claiming that it's 20% discounted according to their catalogue)
    Encore retails for 5250JPY (Source) which is like $53 for Japanese people.
    (not incl. external factors like exchange, shipping etc.)

...and from what I've heard the 25th anniv. has QC problems which the Encore doesn't.

Overall I'd say the Encore is the better toy between the two. JMO folks.

Well, my US 25th Anniversary arrived today, haven't opened him yet (if ever...). Depending on the light the red looks fine and then goes a bit pinky. It's definitely not a bright, strong red like the classic colours, but not as bad as some of the pics online that i've seen.
    The extra's are cool.
    I found a good price for an encore on ebay, so just waiting for that to turn up and then see what happens. My wife took it very well that I ordered another prime... :P
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

According to heroic_decepticon they have Encore Convoys in Singapore for AU$75. I believe shipping from Singapore to Australia is quite cheap too.

Yeah, there is usually about 3-4 sellers on ebay that sell encore prime for between $100 and $110... while browsing I usually find the listings in english pounds to be the cheaper ones from hong kong etc. Unfortunately for me encore is now on the back burner... basically because I need a new Ultra Magnus and to fully restore my old French G1...

Quote Originally Posted by bassbot View Post
    Well, my US 25th Anniversary arrived today, haven't opened him yet (if ever...). Depending on the light the red looks fine and then goes a bit pinky. It's definitely not a bright, strong red like the classic colours, but not as bad as some of the pics online that i've seen.
    The extra's are cool.
    I found a good price for an encore on ebay, so just waiting for that to turn up and then see what happens. My wife took it very well that I ordered another prime... :P
    I find after a while the dog house becomes quite cosy.

Is 25th Anniv Prime worth buying for $48? hmm

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    Is 25th Anniv Prime worth buying for $48? hmm
    For the accessories and chrome parts to fix an old G1 figure, possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    For the accessories and chrome parts to fix an old G1 figure, possibly.
    jeez well I do have an old G1 to fix but he needs long smokestacks...so I guess I may pass then haha oh well

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    jeez well I do have an old G1 to fix but he needs long smokestacks...so I guess I may pass then haha oh well
    Short smokestacks kinda do kill the deal. Wait till its down to $29.95

I recommend looking for an Encore Convoy for a good price (though you may have to wait until the AUD strengthens up more).

Here are a few I found on eBay:
    (1) <--Buy it now price is 24.99GBP ($54) and it's located in Hong Kong which should mean cheaper postage

(2) <--Buy it now price is 31.43GBP ($68) also located in HK. This seller is selling another Encore Convoy for the same price here

...that was just from a quick search. You might be able to find better bargains with a more thorough search.

>>currency exchange based on xe.com<<