Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformer sketches

hotaru_oz: May I recommend using art references other than Pat Lee? A lot of the G1 Studio OX stuff is pretty good (highly detailed). The Henkei comic art is also quite good IMO.

Studio OX

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    hotaru_oz: May I recommend using art references other than Pat Lee? A lot of the G1 Studio OX stuff is pretty good (highly detailed). The Henkei comic art is also quite good IMO.

Studio OX
    Each to their own, Gok. Pat Lee's not everybody's choice of artist for one reason for another but you have to give him kudos for influencing a comeback for Transformer comics.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

awesome stuff where are new sketches!

Very nice sketches there.

I sketch a little (Not too many get finished as I am my own worst critic and usually scrap a piece when I'm not happy with it). It takes alot of guts to post sketches I think. I'll doubt I'll ever post any of mine as I am scared that no one will like them.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Thanks guys, I've been mainly using DVD covers as refrences but I plan on getting some art books down the track.
    I haven't had a chance to do anymore sketches as of yet because of work.

Nice sketches!! i never seem to get as far as shading my drawings but heres a couple of mine anyway

This page here i started to design a tattoo with the decepticon symbol and i wanted to put Megatron's head in front of it just for something different

the page on the left is a lot of rough sketches as i was trying to work out a head that i like for my own TF character with an early transformation and the page on the right is a later style Transformation like what the Stunticon cars have but with the head that i like

and these two sketches are me trying to design a good sig to use here

Nice sketches Hotaru, loophole. Hotaru i like the Starscream one. Loophole isnt that the custom character you use for your avatar?

Okies I think Ive posted these before, not sure, but here's some of me sketches. I prefer drawing the SDF style though, coz I dont have to worry about size if its SDF style. not good with hands as well.. Already posted the SDFs so I wont do it here again. These ones I wasnt too sure if I did..

Shockwave shock troops

Cybertron Starscream

and one that remains unfinished due to laziness and lack of drive...

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Liegeprime yep that was my avatar but i am now thinking of redesigning him yet again

Those sketches are awesome dude i wish i could do that btw what are SDFs?

SDF's Super DeFormed. Another term to describe it is Chibi Style. You know big heads, big eyes, cartoony, small body. I used to use the ones I did as my Sig til I saw my current one and changed it.

Erm ok Ill just post it heheheh

Here yah go - decepticon - SDF - I posted the colored versions here when I finished coloring them this year ( yes it took a year to finish - lazy lazy)

Found the thread
    Colored Autobots one and later one is the colored Decepticons ...

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...?t=1624&page=4
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Whoa liege, you are excellent when comes to normal TF (non-cutsy too)! Love that Shockwave and his troops pic as well as the Cybertron Starscream!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection