Thread: Restoring G1 Grimlock

Default Help me to restore G1 Grimlock

Hi all, anyone have any experience in restoring G1 Grimlock? I managed to get a unit in ok condition but no weapons of any kind and the limbs are quite loose. I managed to get the screws out but can't find any way to tighten the loose limbs.

Any recommendations is much appreciated. The stickers need replacement as well.

Cheers.

Techx
    Last edited by techx; 12th March 2018 at 10:15 PM.

The stickers are easy, remove the old stickers, give all the pieces a good clean with isopropyl alcohol (a good starting point for any restoration), and get a replacement set from Toyhax.com (Reprolabels).

If you have junkers with the same screws as the Grimlock, you could try replacing them, or try tightening the existing screws. Otherwise, a drop of clear nail polish and working the joint for a few minutes until it dries can work to tighten joints. Might be worth trying this out on a junket too, if you’re not confident with the technique.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

If it can be taken it apart and there are no metal pins on the parts, you can leave the parts in a bath of detergent overnight. I have a bottle of degreaser and seal-able containers for this purpose. Also great for removing mold release grease from parts. Stickers will just float off.
    To tighten screw holes grab some superglue and a pin. Use said pin to apply glue inside the hole, wait for it to dry and screw in as normal.

Anyone tried using a tiny bit of plumbers tape on the screw thread? Small and fiddly I know, but I wonder if it could work.