Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rampage (BW) wins

3 50.00%
  • G2 Megatron Wins

3 50.00%
  • Both DIE! (Draw)

0 0%

Thread: Who would win this fight? : Rampage (Beast Wars) Vs. G2 Megatron (Marvel)

FatalityPitt Guest

Default Who would win this fight? : Rampage (Beast Wars) Vs. G2 Megatron (Marvel)

Tonight's battle will be between Rampage from Beast Wars versus G2 Megatron from the Marvel Comics.

A few rules first;
    - We vote on the outcome of the fight between the characters named in the title.
    - Neither character can call for help (i.e. none of their friends can jump in).
    - It's a first time encounter between the two characters. So "prep" is not an advantage.
    - SPECIAL RULE: Scale-wise, Beast Wars Transformers (Maximals/Predacons) are significantly smaller than traditional Transformers (Rattrap was literally 5ft/152cm). So to eliminate the size-disparity and allow this to be a competition of wits, strength, and combat capability, and not competition of 'who's bigger'; we'll pretend Rampage acquired some Pym Particles to grow himself to Megatron's size.

A blurb about our energon-thirsty combatants:

Rampage (BW)

A literal monster created by science gone awry. The Transformer equivalent of a psychopathic, cannibalistic serial killer with giant claws and missile launchers. His immortal, albeit evil spark literally feeds off the fear and suffering he causes. The more pain his victims suffer, the greater the high... I’m sorry, I just… No… Just NO! The rest is too horrible to even fathom!

More details

G2 Megatron (Marvel)

After spending several years MIA, the all-powerful Megatron has not only re-emerged; he has been upgraded to a powerful new body with a brutal tank alt-mode and a devastating rail gun. This was all thanks to a deal struck with the evil Cobra Organization in exchange for Cybertronian technology. Victims in his body count include Fortress Maximus, Spike Witwicky, Bludgeon, Brawn, Chase and more…

More details

That's it! Voting ends Saturday, 24th March.

Enjoy!

I've really liked the challenge of deciding 'who would beat who' these fights have presented and figuring out who would win based on their strengths and weaknesses.

If major facets about the characters, such as their scale, are going to be changed in order to make the fights more even, it kinda sucks the fun out of it for me. Sure people far less pedantic than I will have fun with this match up, but I can't not see in my head G2 Megs stepping on BW Rampage without breaking stride.
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 17th March 2018 at 08:02 PM.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I've really liked the challenge of deciding 'who would beat who' these fights have presented and figuring out who would win based on their strengths and weaknesses.

If major facets about the characters, such as their scale, are going to be changed in order to make the fights more even, it kinda sucks the fun out of it for me. Sure people far less pedantic than I will have fun with this match up, but I can't not see in my head G2 Megs stepping on BW Rampage without breaking stride.
    Feedback is good for giving me ideas on how to make these match-ups more interesting and more enjoyable, so thanks for that

I see your problem, and that's fair enough.

I picked BW Rampage and G2 Megatron specifically because of some of the characteristics they share, such as both being fierce bruiser-type characters (tanks) with over-the-top firepower. They both have relatively high body counts. It would be interesting to see these characters clash, but the only problem; scale. Because this of the size disparity, it'd be impossible to imagine these two characters epically battle, and that blows what we'd like to do out of the water. As much as we'd like to see who win in a fight under the fairest conditions, we'd like to imagine a battle between two similar characters from different universes.

If we take scale into account, then Beast Wars characters will never fight G1 characters in these match-ups, because they'd lose every time because of their size disadvantage. We may never see BW Airrazor fight G1 Cutthroat, even though the former is arguably more intelligent and skilled than the other.

But if the equalization of scale between characters normally out-of-scale in canon bothers certain people; then I won't add that rule again, nor pair up out-of-scale characters against each other. It shan't happen again

It's also probably interesting to note that BW characters that appear in the IDW comics, like Rattrap and Waspinator, are shown as being the same size as regular transformers. Problem with using them instead is that even though they're in scale, the characters in IDW aren't the same characters that appeared in the 1998 cartoon, because they didn't perform the same feats nor make the same decisions that were shown in the cartoon.

I think Rampage would win overall.

Immortal spark helps a ton, but even without that I think he's unpredictability and raw firepower would be Megatron's undoing.

Scale is a problem but at the same time, the bio for megatron says he took out fortress maximus. if there's a size disparity in a fight, that's got to be it.

I don't think scale makes a great difference, smaller characters can often make up for the difference in size with other advantages, speed and being a smaller target come to mind quickly.

My vote is for Rampage as well, he's batshit insane and has an immprtal spark, so kind of hard for him to lose.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Scale is a problem but at the same time, the bio for megatron says he took out fortress maximus. if there's a size disparity in a fight, that's got to be it.
    Synopsis of the issue where Fort Max bites it:
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/All_or_Nothing!

EDIT: One of Furman's better issues imo

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    G1 comic Fortress Maximus was never the gargantuan from the toy or cartoon continuities. He was basically the same size as other large Transformers like Galvatron -- pretty much similar to IDW Fort Max. His original Nebulan body was smaller - the same size as Chromedome, Brainstorm etc., but Galen upgraded to a larger body which necessitated the construction of the Cerebros drone to allow him to form Fort Max's larger head.

FatalityPitt Guest

Ah, voting is almost over and votes are 3-all! Looks like it's going to be a stalemate!

I can't choose a winner myself. It's tough because Rampage has the immortal spark, so he's nearly impossible to kill, but Megatron is relatively more level-headed and intelligent. Unless Megatron can find a way to destroy Rampage's chassis and trap the immortal spark, his best bet would be to try to escape.