Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
this would be it considering its limited to one location, now someone remind me, is it limited to china specifically or hong kong (I was told they're treated differently :S)
It must be even tighter than just being a regional exclusive, as we've seen Sinophone* exclusives before that weren't priced like this IIRC. It may be because it's a Sinophone store exclusive that are made in fewer numbers. This is why the TakaraTOMY MPs sold at TRUs here were so expensive, they were released here in small volumes.

There was going to be another MP released this year, but that's obviously not happened because all know what happened to TRU. Kinda annoying for me because I've done the translation work for this toy but I haven't been "paid" with the figure Hasbro AU never received any stock. :/ (I still can't say what this toy is because last I heard Hasbro were looking for another retail buyer to take it). Encore God Fire Convoy was also really expensive. My guess is that it was also a limited run (shame that it was mired by all kinds of QC issues). And this would probably be why the MP Coneheads were so expensive being TakaraTOMY Mall exclusives.

Gah... I miss the days when limited exclusives were the same price as their regular store counterparts (e.g. eHobby exclusives etc.). Maybe that model wasn't financially viable. <shrugs>