Thread: SPOILER THREAD - Avengers Infinity War

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So from the last tag scene (after the credits), I’m presuming that Captain Marvel is going to be the one who saves the day? It’s really cool the way she is called, with tech Fury has clearly been carrying around for some time. Even if it’s a bit cheesy that the symbol that comes up on the screen after Fury dies is her uniform.

What we’ve been told about the Captain Marvel movie is that it is set in the 90s. So I guessing that will be her origin story and then Avengers 4 will be where they come back against Thanos. How in the loving hell they’ll do that is beyond me.

There’s also been some set photos taken of the filming of Avengers 4 that show Captain America in his Avengers 1 uniform and Hawkeye with a different hair cut. The speculation was that Hawkeye might take his Ronin persona, but now I’m thinking that all that might be set in the past, either as a flashback or, more likely, there will be a time travel element to restoring what Thanos has destroyed.

Another question though - I wonder why Fury didn’t activate the call to Captain Marvel when the Earth was first invaded by the Chitauri (Avengers 1)? Should we presume that he figured the Avengers could handle that particular situation?

Regarding the Dr Strange question, Meister hit the nail on the head. Strange forsaw only one possibility of them beating Thanos, and it involved Stark living and Thanos with the time stone. So he did that knowing he would have to both break his oath and die.

Anyone else get a smile from the fact that Peter Dinklage’s character Eitri was a giant?

Interesting things with Banner and Hulk. They basically had them arguing the whole movie, the Hulk basically being too afraid to come out (at least that’s how I read it).

Regarding the “all life” question - I don’t think it involved things like animals, plants and trees as the whole crux of Thanos’s goal is to allow populations that are left to have an abundance rather than there being poverty and need throughout the universe ie only wipe out half of those that would potentially over-use resources of their worlds. Animals and flora would presumably be exempt from that. My guess anyway.

This movie was so very much the Empire Strikes Back of the Marvel cinematic universe.

Just as a morbid exercise, a list of the dead (as I remember them - please make corrections and additions if you can):
    Loki*
    Heimdall*
    Gamora*
    Vision*
    Dr Strange
    Spider-Man
    Starlord
    Drax
    Mantis
    Groot
    Falcon
    Black Panther
    Bucky
    Wanda
    Nick Fury
    Maria Hill

(*earlier in the film, not a result of Thanos’s finger click)

Alive:
    Captain America
    Thor
    Iron Man
    War Machine
    Banner/Hulk
    Black Widow
    Rocket
    Nebula
    Shuri
    Okoye
    M’Baku (presumably as not shown to die?)
    Wong (presumably as not shown to die?)
    Last edited by M-bot; 28th April 2018 at 10:06 AM.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!