Thread: Studio Series China exclusive Bumblebee & Blackout

Default Studio Series China exclusive Bumblebee & Blackout

Sometime earlier this month, there appeared to be a promotion somewhere in China, that had two limited edition redeco Studio Series toys up for grabs (or earned with a minimum purchase).
    One is the Deluxe Bumblebee done with a rusted look like in the Movie, while the other is the Leader Blackout done in a camo-ish paint job.
    Both are really well done, and even though Blackout doesn't look exactly like a camo deco (with only two colours), the process to paint all of those parts to have the pattern line up is very clever.

I'm not sure about the blackout but the bumblebee looks outstanding. I agree with you, with regards to the camo, especially if it also neatly wraps around parts that you can't entirely see in vehicle mode. That would require some real thought and planning.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The camo colours used are very close to some of the Chinese military vehicles they use.
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=c...w=1366&bih=651
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Two years later, we are getting a good look at the Blackout toy, and confirmation of details about there only being 88 produced for a single-day promo release, and that the camo detailing was hand-done on all of them (probably in helicopter mode to make the pattern work... which would mean transforming all of them to alt-mode and back again, just to put them into packaging in robot mode).
    TFW notes it's release as May 15th 2019, but it was actually 2018.

All 88 figures were customised by one fan or was it a limited production run based on his custom? If it's the former then DAAAYYYYUUUMMMNN! That's dedication!