Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

When looking at prices in retrospect, remember that MP-01 did not come with a trailer so you were getting more with MP-10. Then again, they may have priced it lower knowing that they were going to reuse the mold over and over for all the repaints.

The description above shows that this version has a lot more in it than MP-10 did, much more than MP-01. Does it justify the price tag? Probably not. That is an obscene amount of money for what is effectively a toy. However, even if it is a toy there is a passionate fan base and a lot of collectors (myself included) just must have them all. I will no doubt pre-order one but will be annoyed if when I obtain it I feel that it was not worth near the price I paid.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Another thing about ridiculous pricing hiking each time is that they are making it harder for fans to purchase them.

The problem isn't the engineering may not be worth the cost (I have nothing but praise for Sunstreaker, Megatron and Dinobot), the problem is that if you keep increasing engineering and adding more and more accessories then costs will creep out of more people's range. There will still be lots of people that have the money that can afford this $500 Prime but logically it will be less than MP-10.

So what about all the fans with smaller pockets but still want a cartoon accurate Convoy? Takara is leaving them in the dust.

So you know who will win here? 3P. There are two 3P cartoon Convoys in development at over half the price. I'm not saying that I'm interested in them but there would be people that will give them a chance simply because they can't afford MP-43.
    Then there's the KO market. There's already many people in the fan base who go KO because they want MPs but can't justify the pricetag. You can bet that KO makers will KO this at a crazily low price and that even more people than normal will buy the KO.

Takara really is cutting its own throat here.

I’m defo going to get it. Those accessories look mint!

You can probably do what most ppl do with mezco and hot toys by selling the accessories and just keeping the main body/parts/trailer. Some of those assecories would sell for a bit (jetpack, starscream head/wings, battle damaged head/chest).

I anticipated this would be highly priced (~500) due to the trailer, recent mp trend,
    and this is the 35th anniversary Optimus Prime Figure (1984 g1 release).

I do recall mp-10 being stupid expensive at the time cos we were at 70ish jpy exchange rate.

It’ll sting at first but it’s better than the aftermarket sting like Eva prime/dinobot.

I’d never consider a k.o due to ethics and it would be hard to offload later during any unforeseen budget needs.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    When looking at prices in retrospect, remember that MP-01 did not come with a trailer so you were getting more with MP-10. Then again, they may have priced it lower knowing that they were going to reuse the mold over and over for all the repaints.

The description above shows that this version has a lot more in it than MP-10 did, much more than MP-01. Does it justify the price tag? Probably not. That is an obscene amount of money for what is effectively a toy. However, even if it is a toy there is a passionate fan base and a lot of collectors (myself included) just must have them all. I will no doubt pre-order one but will be annoyed if when I obtain it I feel that it was not worth near the price I paid.
    I was like that a few years ago. With the attitude I MUST have them. These days they’re just toys albeit expensive ones. I have no problems passing these up. I know that many don’t share my view but they are just blobs of plastic with intelligent engineering designs. They end up collecting dust on my collection shelves. I don’t play with my toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Oh, is it time for Takara Tomy's patented pre-release MP price hike panic again!

Yup sounds like it might be ridiculously expensive, however as we still lack official confirmation, I rather think everyone is losing their minds prematurely.

At least wait for confirmation before it's time...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzybAS7zltE
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    TFSource has a preorder up for US$450:

https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-...optimus-prime/

And also at BBTS for the same price:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/84183
    I'm going to be watching from a safe distance as Convoy version 4.0 summits US$1k by around 2027.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Looking forward to MP hound sitting around $400

I’ll probably just do what daptodog is doing and pre order one then hopefully wait for a sale to grab the 2nd. But I was thinking when mp-36 was being released everyone complained about the price hike, but when it released it was sold out everywhere and a lot of people missed out. Then the re-issue happened and the price had gone up to close to $300 in some cases.

So I might just pre order 2 and deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by graza78 View Post
    Looking forward to MP hound sitting around $400
    I’d imagine this would be somewhere between sunstreaker and the diaclone repaint. Anymore and they are basically just scalping the market.

For a trip down memory lane, the conversation regarding MP-36 price started around here:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...gatron&page=18

I think there was less discussion around MP-36’s price, most people were worried about the legality of getting it. It’s also a little sad to see how many people jumped on the PC preorder and ended up with nothing.

TT have completely ballsed up the promotion/handling of MP-44. Most things we know about the figure have been through leaks or third parties. The only things we’ve seen have been uncoloured prototypes. No mention of die cast parts, rubber wheels or paint apps. All we have is a $600 price tag with none of the reasons, other than engineering, to justify it. I eagerly await more details but it has gone from “shut up and take my money” to “convince me why I should fork out for this”.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    I was like that a few years ago. With the attitude I MUST have them. These days they’re just toys albeit expensive ones. I have no problems passing these up. I know that many don’t share my view but they are just blobs of plastic with intelligent engineering designs. They end up collecting dust on my collection shelves. I don’t play with my toys.
    I agree there is no point staring at a 50000 yen box in plastic wrap
    May i should just start collecting MP boxes...

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Yeah, hurt TT when no one is going to buy the damn thing!

Can you imagine how much a BAPE version is going to cost!?
    Ah who cares about that crapola .........

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    And the EVA version... lol I smell a boycott coming on!
    OH DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.