Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91924252627282930313233343949 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Beautiful figure but too rich for my blood. $400 delivered is my arbitrary line in the sand. If it shelfwarms and drops to that price, I’ll consider it.

Anyone else find the cartoon accurate trailer deco a bit bland? I’m generally a toon guy but I need that blue stripe back.

Ok, now I'm a bit torn. While I'm not pumped for this figure, I also have a bit of fear of missing out, so I'm seriously contemplating a preorder to try and avoid high prices on release.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Haha, I looked at mine earlier today but came to the opposite conclusions 😄
    The chest and overall proportions just look right to me on mp-10. When I look at the new version the long legs look odd and the groin area looks like a nappy to me.

Truck mode looks even weirder with that angle of the windscreen.
    I won't deny that the lower legs look pretty long. The hips have the same 'nappy' look that Ironhide and Megatron were criticised for having, but again, it's all faithful to the character model:

https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2...musprimeg1.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/10/0e/48/1...d8e927214f.jpg

Ok, so I've got MP-10 now in a neutral pose, and the bigger arms and chunky lower legs seem to be slightly less prominent, but they're still there and stand out next to MP-44's leaner silhouette. Now it looks like MP-10 has forearms that are too long, though.

I transformed MP-10, and his windscreen is also angled back slightly. I suspect MP-44's windscreen angle looks more dramatic than MP-10's because the windscreens themselves are bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by djanscak View Post
    Anyone else find the cartoon accurate trailer deco a bit bland? I’m generally a toon guy but I need that blue stripe back.
    It's not just you. I get the prioritisation of screen accuracy, but I also think the trailer looks a little bland without the blue stripes.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    I want that poster in the background.

Obviously that picture is everywhere on the net, however I've never seen a clean hi-res version. Especially one that could come out as crisp as that on a print.

gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!

I hope for some of you that they do a bare bones version (ie the main figure and his gun). (EDIT: I'm aware that sounds pithy, like I'm hoping they do a figure for 'the poors'. To be clear, I'm not buying this, nor would I ever entertain spending this much on a non combiner figure due to my relatively normal life circumstances).

As much as I found their inclusion a cute novel touch at first, I'm generally against the price of these MP figures being inflated because they bundle them with screen accurate accessories that were used in one episode one time only (cf the basketball and Starscream bits etc that come with this Prime figure).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It'd be interesting if Hasbro released this figure just as the cab robot with the human figurines, and skipped the trailer and other accessories but sold it at a much cheaper price.

Similar to what they did with MP Rodimus Prime.
    Its been a couple of years since Hasbro has had an ongoing G1 Masterpiece outlet, and without TRU I can't see it happening.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

If past behaviour is a predictor of future behaviour, I think theres f-all chance of a budget version of Optimus Prime 3.0 (eg minus trailer) being released. At best we may get a Hasbro release minus most of the ridiculous accessories, but I really don’t think we’re going to see a significant price drop.

Nothing is more vivid to me in my childhood than Optimus Prime in the G1 cartoon. I always wanted an Optimus of my own, with his thick white bricky waist, the square shape of the upper torso, his big backpack thing and his head.

This fulfils 100% all my wants in a cartoon Optimus that I have wanted since. I remember seeing MP-10 and loving it, but this guy just takes it to perfect for me. It's always pretty amazing to think that even though the brand has been around for almost 35 years, it's taken only until really recently for spot on 100% screen accurate cartoon Autobots and Decepticons to be made. 5 year old me would be amazed.

That $600 or so is really steep, but I feel like it will mean a larger period of time where he is not hard to find, and I can probably save up for it quickly by setting aside a little weekly. Part of what made the Hasbro release of MP-10 and to a much lesser extent the Takara MP-10 was that it was a really good package for $150 at the time. Fingers crossed there might even be a price drop if he doesn't sell.

That said, if Hasbro release their own virtually identical release (maybe with a few of the more obscure accessories excluded, but definitely must have trailer and such), I would be happy too. Maybe an Amazon exclusive, as Amazon stuff like the Prime Wars exclusives really seem to work well there as niche exclusive items, rather than brick and mortar shelf items for anyone to peruse and have to sell to.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    That $600 or so is really steep, but I feel like it will mean a larger period of time where he is not hard to find, and I can probably save up for it quickly by setting aside a little weekly. Part of what made the Hasbro release of MP-10 and to a much lesser extent the Takara MP-10 was that it was a really good package for $150 at the time. Fingers crossed there might even be a price drop if he doesn't sell.
    $600 is already steep for us adults with full time jobs and disposable incomes. If I were a student then this would be absolutely out of my league. It's why I initially skipped Car Robot Brave Maximus, but the Korean version was available when I started working so I got that one; and Brave Max is half the price of MP Convoy Mk 3! Seriously... the cost of this toy alone is equivalent to my average yearly expenditure on Transformers toys.

Anyway, there are 2 options I can think of for the more budget conscious:
    * Pre-order now to get the early bird discount and use one of those services that allow you to pre-order first and then pay back in installments without a fee (Oxipay?). <-- recommend this if you have FOMO
    * Wait until the toy is released and see if there are any sales if this toy shelfwarms. <-- recommend this if you accept the fact that you might miss out

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    That $600 or so is really steep, but I feel like it will mean a larger period of time where he is not hard to find, and I can probably save up for it quickly by setting aside a little weekly.
    Don't be so sure! Despite the price tag, two Aussie online store owners have said that MP44 is selling like hotcakes. MP Dinobot and BW Megs didn't struggle to sell out either.

As Gok said, get it on Afterpay/Zippay/Oxipay/Paypal Laybuy. Same difference as saving up except you secure your order in advance instead of risking missing out.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Don't be so sure! Despite the price tag, two Aussie online store owners have said that MP44 is selling like hotcakes.
    Yes, yes. They would say that wouldn't they. Nothing like FOMO to get people off the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Yes, yes. They would say that wouldn't they. Nothing like FOMO to get people off the fence.
    I know one of them and I think it is very believable. Yes the price tag is high but there are a lot of us who are going to prioritise this over other purchases we may have made instead.

I for one pre-ordered two of them (first time I've purchased 2 of the same MP) as it just looks so good that I want to be able to display it in multiple ways. Demand will be high for this one imho.