Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1020252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I know one of them and I think it is very believable. Yes the price tag is high but there are a lot of us who are going to prioritise this over other purchases we may have made instead.
    Scott Dwyer of Premium Collectables don't count.

I'd better hop off the fence then. I was just getting use to those cast iron pointy tips up my toosh.
    Last edited by Galvatran; 4th December 2018 at 04:45 PM.

Ehobbybaseshop (Hong Kong) has just listed it for $358 USD.

http://ehobbybaseshop.com/index.php?...VCKp2CNPOJFg7Q
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    $600 is already steep for us adults with full time jobs and disposable incomes. If I were a student then this would be absolutely out of my league. It's why I initially skipped Car Robot Brave Maximus, but the Korean version was available when I started working so I got that one; and Brave Max is half the price of MP Convoy Mk 3! Seriously... the cost of this toy alone is equivalent to my average yearly expenditure on Transformers toys.

Anyway, there are 2 options I can think of for the more budget conscious:
    * Pre-order now to get the early bird discount and use one of those services that allow you to pre-order first and then pay back in installments without a fee (Oxipay?). <-- recommend this if you have FOMO
    * Wait until the toy is released and see if there are any sales if this toy shelfwarms. <-- recommend this if you accept the fact that you might miss out
    I am fortunately a student living at home, so although I would like to save, I can put more than usual on hobbies and objects of leisure, at least for now.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Or wait for the Hasbro release.

I know I won't. .. but, it's still an option.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I am fortunately a student living at home, so although I would like to save, I can put more than usual on hobbies and objects of leisure, at least for now.
    So were we all once. I would absolutely be skipping this toy if I were in your shoes.

Also, I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but for those who are currently in Japan or have access to a Japanese postal address, Amazon JP has this toy on preorder for just over $400

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So were we all once. I would absolutely be skipping this toy if I were in your shoes.

Also, I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but for those who are currently in Japan or have access to a Japanese postal address, Amazon JP has this toy on preorder for just over $400
    At today’s conversion rate that actually comes out at $448. Decent, but still too high
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Well, I can afford him and I want him. But do I really want to support such high prices for MPs?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    At today’s conversion rate that actually comes out at $448. Decent, but still too high
    Yeh and if they allowed shipping to Australia it would be great since they only 1,200¥ shipping to the US. Can still ship to a Japanese proxy for free but then you would have to pay significant shipping to Australia. Still not happy with how Amazon packs these though.

Anime-Export has just put up pre-orders for 35,000¥. I reckon NY will come out at 33,500¥ since they like to outdo their competitors on the headline price. NY also allows you to pay around release whereas Anime-Export requires up front payment.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Anime-Export has just put up pre-orders for 35,000¥.
    I've only used them once a long time ago. Is AE still decent and pack their items well?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I've only used them once a long time ago. Is AE still decent and pack their items well?
    I've only used them for MP-711. Their packing was ok, not as good as RK or even NY but better than Amazon Japan.