Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    You can have the best design and engineering in the world, but if it's not executed properly because your labour workforce is sloppy (for whatever reason, whether it's negligence, or having to meet an insane quota) and the materials used are of questionable quality and durability, then design and engineering are meaningless.

What are people going to do if Prime 3.0 has a major endemic issue like Dinobot's shoulders? Or a retailer has to issue a PSA warning people not to use some of the features?
    Agreed. TT need to up their QC game for sure. But honestly, I have every MP 2.0 mold and it’s only the recent ones (Mp 36 And 41) that have Qc issues; this is already a far better track record than some of the other high end toy lines.

Also agree with Fruitbuyer, that comparing Transformers with any other brand isn’t fair. But because of the price range Mp’s at right now, people automatically start to compare MP with Japanese high end toy lines like Bandai’s SOC, when they don’t realize how much man hour/money is spent on the transformation engineering alone for MP. Design is not everything, but it’s something that’s much harder to emulate.

So yeah, please TT sort out your production and don’t let the designers hard work go to waste.

That head sculpt is divine.

FruitBuyer wins this thread

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Agreed. TT need to up their QC game for sure. But honestly, I have every MP 2.0 mold and it’s only the recent ones (Mp 36 And 41) that have Qc issues; this is already a far better track record than some of the other high end toy lines.
    There were more figures with widely reported QC issues though, for instance: Ramjet's reversed shoulders; Thrust's wobbly waist; flaking chrome on Ironhide and Hot Rod; paint flake on Ratchet, also misaligned head and reversed shoulders; paint transfer on the tops of Inferno's shoulders; paint flake on Primal; Cheetor's arm socket prone to breaking (same deal with the lever system on his forearms), paint also prone to flaking.

And that's off the top of my head as I stopped following the MP line (with the exception of BW MPs and big name ones like Prime).

There were more figures with widely reported QC issues though, for instance: Ramjet's reversed shoulders; Thrust's wobbly waist; flaking chrome on Ironhide and Hot Rod; paint flake on Ratchet, also misaligned head and reversed shoulders; paint transfer on the tops of Inferno's shoulders; paint flake on Primal; Cheetor's arm socket prone to breaking (same deal with the lever system on his forearms), paint also prone to flaking.

And that's off the top of my head as I stopped following the MP line (with the exception of BW MPs and big name ones like Prime).
    Then me and my collector friends definitely got lucky cause I didn’t have any of the above. Didn’t bother getting the cone heads as I thought they’d update that seeker mold which was technically from MP1.0 sooner or later..

Now that you mention it, I’d have similar level of complaint (paint chipping, loose joint, etc) about pretty much all my SOCs, but I still love’ em lol.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My SOC toys are great, they feel what you paid for. I am not sure I will feel the same for MP-44. Hopefully minimum it should be of what Sunstreaker is as standard.

You dont see Bandai cut corners on SOC line and not paint, the standard remain consistent. I can't say the same for MP line. I compare the toys is because this is what I collect.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Then me and my collector friends definitely got lucky cause I didn’t have any of the above. Didn’t bother getting the cone heads as I thought they’d update that seeker mold which was technically from MP1.0 sooner or later..

Now that you mention it, I’d have similar level of complaint (paint chipping, loose joint, etc) about pretty much all my SOCs, but I still love’ em lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    My SOC toys are great, they feel what you paid for. I am not sure I will feel the same for MP-44. Hopefully minimum it should be of what Sunstreaker is as standard.

You dont see Bandai cut corners on SOC line and not paint, the standard remain consistent. I can't say the same for MP line. I compare the toys is because this is what I collect.
    Is it too late to nominate these for the best forum posts for 2018?

bowspearer Guest

At this point, I actually think that Takara have massively miscalculated and it's going to heavily come back and bite them in the tail. Even before the price surfaced, people were interested in the Magic Squares 3rd Party offering. I don't just mean the odd person - I mean at least a third of the vocal members of facebook groups I was on.

Now it turns out the price for the Magic Squares offering is out the price is oly $135USD on it as compared to $449 for MP-44 - less than a third of the price. Admittedly while the MS offering comes with a rifle, axe and battle damaged parts, there's no trailer, trio of humans, jetpack or starscream parts. However are those extra pieces really worth the extra $314USD???

That's a question I think a lot of fans are now going to be asking themselves and I think it's one which many people will answer with their wallets.

By no means am I advocating that people here should buy the offering; I'm simply pointing out that this pricing level call could wind up badly hurting Takara with their MP-44 sales and that it appears that not only are 3rd party companies conscious of this, but they're all too quick to capitalise on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Even before the price surfaced, people were interested in the Magic Squares 3rd Party offering. I don't just mean the odd person - I mean at least a third of the vocal members of facebook groups I was on.
    Interesting poll (and thread) over on TFW:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...us-v3.1164055/

Interest in both the TE and MS 3P's are high, and taken together are ahead of the official.

Interest in both the TE and MS 3P's are high, and taken together are ahead of the official.
    Well the 3P is significantly cheaper. I'm sure if you did a poll asking whether more people are going to buy the Siege Voyager Prime vs MP-44 the Siege would win also.
    If anything, this shows both how impressive MP-44 actually is and how strong brand loyalty is among fans considering half the people who participated in the poll will pay 2-3 times what third parties are offering.