Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 293944454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well at least the remaining folks here will be careful if they read the threads.
    I am sure some will complain paint chips as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    It's predictable at this point
    New MP is released
    5 people break it because they over torque the thing to an inch of it's life
    Internet lights up
    TaKaRA iZ gOiNG DowNHILL. 3P iZ So MucH beTtaH

Wait until Hound is released. I bet someone will manage to snap his head off and we'll go through it all over again
    They didn't over-torque these knees though. The lower knee ratchet breaks during normal operation because
    1. The ratchet is soft
    2. There is a blue piece that needs to slide into a channel to engage the lower knee ratchet but in many figures the piece is too big to actually go into the channel insta-breaking it. Takara design fail this time, not human error.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    Still like MP36 better with it's physical switch but each seem to lack their iconic blaster sounds from the cartoon. At least Megatron has a blaster sound but it's not like the cartoon sound at all.
    At least this chip has new voices on it. MP36's sound chip is nothing more than the same chip that they used on the Galvatron reissue.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I am sure some will complain paint chips as well.
    Well if nobody else does we can always count on you.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    At least this chip has new voices on it. MP36's sound chip is nothing more than the same chip that they used on the Galvatron reissue.
    Yeah you're right, I've never heard the Galvatron reissue. After playing with MP44 a lot I found a lot more voices, Japanese ones but a lot more. So seems it's a better one then Megatron just bummed I didn't get Primes iconic blaster sound. Has anyone translated all the voice lines he says yet?

Quote Originally Posted by graza78 View Post
    They didn't over-torque these knees though. The lower knee ratchet breaks during normal operation because
    1. The ratchet is soft
    2. There is a blue piece that needs to slide into a channel to engage the lower knee ratchet but in many figures the piece is too big to actually go into the channel insta-breaking it. Takara design fail this time, not human error.
    Yeah... nah. I've seen quite a few videos where people have no issues transforming MP44, so it is human error.
    Like I've said, new MP, heavy hands, another break/design flaw blah blah blah

I got to mess with someone else's MP-44 today. Bent the knees and.... Absolutely nothing bad happened. It's not a thing, unless you're really trying to force something.
    Last edited by griffin; 9th September 2019 at 04:50 PM. Reason: removed quote
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think the consensus is it should not have to be that careful over a simple movement.
    I mean if we have no idea about this issue we be just bending it without thinking anything about it.

The design could have been simpler. I still think overall the figure looks good.

Even people who are aware of the knee issue and properly fold the upper knee joint all 5 clicks, then engage the lower another 3 have had theirs break over time. Check the tfw2005 boards and even amazon japans reviews for more info.

nah been bending mine back and forth the correct way and no issue. The people breaking their knee ratchet just aren?t doing it right. There?s a tab behind the knee, when the upper ratchet has been engaged first a slot appears, then bend the lower ratchet and the tab fits perfectly into the slot.