Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28384344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Bad news it is a defect that the knee part will break but it doesn?t seem like it will destroy the figure at all just no ratchet joint.

Hmm just popped batteries in mine and he only says about 3 or 4 phrases all in Japanese no English at all. ok figuired it out, you need to long press to change modes seems to have about 6 with english being on the last mode.

Still like MP36 better with it's physical switch but each seem to lack their iconic blaster sounds from the cartoon. At least Megatron has a blaster sound but it's not like the cartoon sound at all.
    Last edited by Nevac; 6th September 2019 at 02:40 PM.

mine are fine. if you?re going to bend the knee utilise the upper ratchet before the lower ratchet and it?ll be fine. khai from kool kollectibles put up a good vid on how to do it.

The more time I spend with this figure the more I love it. This is easily the best Transformers figure I?ve ever purchased. I?ve done a full 180 on the price. This is worth every cent.

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    The more time I spend with this figure the more I love it. This is easily the best Transformers figure I?ve ever purchased. I?ve done a full 180 on the price. This is worth every cent.
    Heh, I had a similar reaction to MP-43. Just need to get a feel for some figures before you can really pass judgement I guess.
    Looking forward to getting my MP-44 next week.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

To summarise bend the upper knee first till the point it release and allow you to further bend the lower knee.
    I hope that is the only problem.

Hope everyone enjoyed their purchase

Still waiting on mine from Oh My Primus but will be extra careful with this knee issue.

Seibertron are reporting some other concerns along with the knees including the head antennas and some general overall reactions.

I think this is why I just can't bring myself to be a Masterpiece collector. The risk vs reward is too high for me. Shelling out that amount of money to have these sorts of issues just astounds me.

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    I think this is why I just can't bring myself to be a Masterpiece collector. The risk vs reward is too high for me. Shelling out that amount of money to have these sorts of issues just astounds me.
    To each their own, but I love the Masterpiece line. The bent antenna is something I probably wouldn't think twice about, we've had this sort of thing on many figures over the decades.
    As for the knees, from what I've seen on videos there are two ratchets and you just have to move them the right way. It seems you'd know if you were forcing it to move beyond what it's meant to, but people did so anyway and broke theirs. *shrugs*
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

You have to be fair though, the knee imo should not be an issue in the first place. Most people who broke it didn?t even know they broke it.

https://youtu.be/lCVZuJnIrqU

This Chinese guy basically snapped the issue off and glued the ratchet down and to me imo should have been what Takara should have done. Rather than overthinking it.

It's predictable at this point
    New MP is released
    5 people break it because they over torque the thing to an inch of it's life
    Internet lights up
    TaKaRA iZ gOiNG DowNHILL. 3P iZ So MucH beTtaH

Wait until Hound is released. I bet someone will manage to snap his head off and we'll go through it all over again