Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Henkei Dirge & Thrust are on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    I'm not really happy about this at all. I'm preparing to build a new system...... and then the dollar goes down the drain......... and then this comes. Essentially, this (and Thundercracker) are impulse buys for a obsessive-compulsive collector, because I don't even like the Classics seeker mold
    ...so... don't buy them? I've don't have the BotCon Seekers but I've seen then and I quite like them but I'm not willing to pay after-convention prices for them. A Henkei set would offer me a more affordable option... hopefully. If they get too pricey I'll bail. They're nice but they're not that nice.

We haven't ween what they really look like yet either. Those silouettes look very weird to me, especially Thrust.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Takara can be trusted to make things look good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...so... don't buy them? I've don't have the BotCon Seekers but I've seen then and I quite like them but I'm not willing to pay after-convention prices for them. A Henkei set would offer me a more affordable option... hopefully. If they get too pricey I'll bail. They're nice but they're not that nice.
    I don't have much of a choice do I? These are limited-window-of-opportunity purchases with a sliding dollar as an additional problem. Basically, I don't get them now, I pay a considerable amount more later, especially if the dollar gets any weaker.

I would be happier if Tomy had announced this sometime next year.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I doubt I'll get these. I have BotCon Dirge & Thrust, and didn't pay through the nose for them. They do look nice, but for $100+ (more than I paid per BotCon seeker), I'm not interested.

I _am_ glad that this will make Classics/Henkei Dirge & Thrust more accessable to others, however.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    These are limited-window-of-opportunity purchases... Basically, I don't get them now, I pay a considerable amount more later...
    I think so too. I'll probably get them unless Takara does something really horrible to them. I'm a great fan of the classics/henkei line.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Can someone shed some light on what they're trying to do with the Thrust retool? The wings are upside down and the turbines in the wrong spots... i would have settled for just a repaint thanks! Dirge looks nice, but what was stopping them having the wings up like G1?
    I would like to have another look, but this computer isn't loading the page. From my first impression, I gathered they were going for a look that Thrust has the wings coming off his thighs. Didn't Dirge have leg wings anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    BBTS have their preorders up - $165US for the set
    They wanted $130US for the set of Thundercracker and Skywarp.
    In the BBTS letter they claimed the store was charging more. I dunno how true that is though. This computer I am on at the moment won't load the page.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    I don't have much of a choice do I?
    But you said that you don't even like the Classics Seekers mould... if that's the case then why buy more of them? For the characters? (if so, then yeah, your choices are limited :/)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But you said that you don't even like the Classics Seekers mould... if that's the case then why buy more of them? For the characters? (if so, then yeah, your choices are limited :/)
    Gok, FFN explained that part already:

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I don't have much of a choice do I? These are limited-window-of-opportunity purchases with a sliding dollar as an additional problem. Basically, I don't get them now, I pay a considerable amount more later, especially if the dollar gets any weaker.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Well, sorta the characters. Ramjet I obviously already have from Classics. Ramjet was probably my first Transformers toy as a kid. Since I already have the other three seekers, I need the remaining two coneheads to finish up the group. Thrust was my favourite conehead design due to his VTOL wings. Dirge dies alot, so how could you not like that?!?

Ramjet likes toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    In the BBTS letter they claimed the store was charging more. I dunno how true that is though. This computer I am on at the moment won't load the page.
    Ganbo and the other store are only charging 300 yen or so more than TC and SK, I think.
    Last edited by FFN; 3rd November 2008 at 12:38 AM.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

...umm... that doesn't seem to explain to me why he wants to buy them despite afore mentioning that he dislikes the Classics/Henkei Seeker mould. I understand that this is the opportunity to get Henkei Dirge and Thrust if you actually want these toys. But... why would someone want them if they don't... like them. Is there something I'm not getting?

It's way past my bedtime... maybe it'll make more sense in the morning. *off to sleep*