Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Henkei Dirge & Thrust are on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Ganbo and the other store are only charging 300 or so yen more.
    Which on the cross rates is closer to $4. But hey, we all know about BBTS exorbitant prices, right?
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Good service, though. Good service costs money - look at the PC hardware retailers.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Good service, though. Good service costs money - look at the PC hardware retailers.
    Reminds me of MSY. They have really cheap prices but their customer service is non-existant.

I don't have much of a choice do I? These are limited-window-of-opportunity purchases with a sliding dollar as an additional problem. Basically, I don't get them now, I pay a considerable amount more later, especially if the dollar gets any weaker.
    This is why I'm getting the Henkei ones too, because of the limited-window, even though I'm not sure I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...umm... that doesn't seem to explain to me why he wants to buy them despite afore mentioning that he dislikes the Classics/Henkei Seeker mould. I understand that this is the opportunity to get Henkei Dirge and Thrust if you actually want these toys. But... why would someone want them if they don't... like them. Is there something I'm not getting?
    He likes the characters, so he wants to get them for that.
    Or he might be afraid that he will warm up to the mould and start to love it, so if that happens he will have to pay through the teeth for them, so if he does it now, he won't pay as much (supposedly). Should he start to like it, great, he saved some money, if he doesn't, and he really doesn't like them, then he could probably sell them.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Yeah, I can understand collecting toys for the characters even if you may not necessarily like the toy. That's my view toward Animated!

I am a character collector so I have lots of toys which technically suck but I love due to the characer.

...However when I think about it; the rule on that is changing a bit as I have picked up bad toys with no characterisation that for some reason 'sung' to me (eg Quickswitch). I also picked up lots of characters that I did not care about or had very little to no characterisation mainly because I had already completed all the figures that I wanted from that line (Beast Wars non show characters). However for lines which I have completed by character such as Beast Wars I only buy the other toys when the opportunity arises and are cheap, I don't actively seek them out.
    Last edited by kup; 3rd November 2008 at 12:41 PM.

I really hope these aren't busted arse like Henkei Thundercracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post
    Reminds me of MSY. They have really cheap prices but their customer service is non-existant.
    Meanwhile this year alone good stores like Secretnet, Pluscorp and Nintek have gone down the tubes.
    Last edited by FFN; 4th November 2008 at 07:26 AM.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I really hope these aren't busted arse like Henkei Thundercracker.

Meanwhile this year alone good stores like Secretnet, Pluscorp and Nintek have gone down the tubes.
    I have also noticed Acidstorm having fairly loose peg holes compared to the original Starscream release. I am convinced that this due to gradual mold deterioration due to excesive use.

My Acid Storm's joints are a little bit floppy... but not too bad. I don't have any major issue with weapons looseness on my Acid Storm or Skywarp either - just Thundercracker. *shrug*