• Yes, I will continue with all TT MPs

4 7.41%
  • Yes, I will continue collecting most/many TT MPs

17 31.48%
  • I might still get the occasional release

20 37.04%
  • I'm seriously having second thoughts about continuing,

7 12.96%
  • I'm out, my wallet can't take anymore.

6 11.11%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Will you still collect MP Transformers with the higher prices?

Yeah that's fine. I know people who skipped MP36 as they felt that MP5 was still good enough, and in terms of value for money I'd agree. Yes, MP36 is a better toy but also double the damn price of MP5. So yeah, it's absolutely entirely subjective. I don't begrudge TakaraTOMY for revisiting these characters, they just don't personally appeal to me.

I personally wish that they'd finish off the main G1 cast as MPs first before revisiting already done characters, but that's just my opinion.

I think Thew Adams puts it best regardless of which line you purchase (Siege, MP etc)

https://youtu.be/VyjiUfOPXlQ?t=2000

Play until 33:47

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Bumblebee for example, many people are (needlessly IMO) labelling as pointless because there already is an older MP Bumblebee, while in reality they are very different and appeal to different collectors' views of what a toy of the character should be.
    ^ This. So much.

In all honesty the only MP I'm hoping to get this year is Hound. But I'm totally fine with that. In 2004 the only MP I bought was MP1. I skipped MP2 and didn't buy another MP until MP3 in 2006!

I idea of intermittently buying MPs should be an all too familiar experience for MP collectors. And that's fine. There's still plenty of other TF goodies to collect this year

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hound is the only MP I would consider at the moment, I'm not into the other new releases at all. However even despite being long term want of mine I'm unsure on this figure. I think if they ever start doing MP-36 + style repaints of the newer car bots, that version of Hound would be more to my liking but only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    In all honesty the only MP I'm hoping to get this year is Hound. But I'm totally fine with that. In 2004 the only MP I bought was MP1. I skipped MP2 and didn't buy another MP until MP3 in 2006!

I idea of intermittently buying MPs should be an all too familiar experience for MP collectors. And that's fine. There's still plenty of other TF goodies to collect this year

I understand where you're coming from, but I'm at the other end of the spectrum -Nothing much is interesting me this year. I think the Targetmasters were the only things to get me excited. More money for MP's then

I still haven't pre-ordered MP Bumblebee 2.0. As much as I love the alt mode that I've always wanted for MP Bee, I just don't feel like he can justify the price.

Maybe if he doesn't sell and gets discounted I'll pick him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but I'm at the other end of the spectrum -Nothing much is interesting me this year. I think the Targetmasters were the only things to get me excited. More money for MP's then
    Time to start cracking open that backlog of toys then, eh?

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    And we still haven't got the Autobot Targetmasters

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    And we still haven't got the Autobot Targetmasters
    Except Hot Rod, Kup and Blurr if you count the TRs.