Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2018 Bumblebee Movie toys and Studio Series

I kinda liked the idea of collecting all the Studio Series but the corruption of the line started when number 13 was Thundercracker - a character that by no definition is in the movies.

Seeing the next few figures include repaints (both valid movie repaints like ROTF Starscream and DOTM Ratchet and made up ones like these two), and that the SDCC exclusive repaints are also in the number order, and so is the two pack of BBs... well no thanks, won' t be completist.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I kinda liked the idea of collecting all the Studio Series but the corruption of the line started when number 13 was Thundercracker - a character that by no definition is in the movies.
    Movie comics dont count? its canon

Is shadow raider one of the tfs from lockdowns ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Movie comics dont count? its canon
    They don't count in many ways! But fair the character exists in the expanded universe movie canon - but has he ever looked like a Nitro repaint there?

Seems like I'm in the minority but I have no quams in them reusing these excellent molds again as repaints-they're not saying it's a legit character in some non-movie colour scheme (e.g. 'Aqua Stinger' or 'Raider Lockdown'), so I'm personally super excited for a different version of both molds I really liked (esp as there were heaps of faceless robots in the movies so it's really accurate to add them in this way to army build ).
    10/10 would prefer this to them doing straight redecos (e.g. 2 lockdowns with only different heads)

I don't mind them doing redecos, but release them in a less "premium" toyline, like how they usually pad out Movie toylines with random redecos and original characters.
    The Studio Series was supposed to be like the (cheaper) Masterpiece toyline for fans of the Movie Universe, and it's just like when the Masterpiece toyline has original characters added just to reuse a mould (like Nemesis Rodimus), and to an extent, the various Diaclone redecos that were never in the Transformers toyline, so shouldn't be "Transformers" Masterpiece toys. (I love having them in my collection and am glad they were done, but they probably should have been released as store exclusives without the "Masterpiece" labelling or packaging like we saw for the Chinese New Year transparent Soundwave)

I forgot about Thundercracker too... which may have been a movie character in some way, but is something that stands out from the other Studio Series releases and diorama displays. I was beginning to warm up to the idea of the concept behind these fancy SS Movie toys, in addition to all the other Movie toys currently out, but Hasbro just loves to spoil their special events like this (just look at how they handled the Thrilling 30 concept - it didn't represent the 30 years in any way as most were TF4 Movie toys, it was hard to collect them all even for Americans, two toys had the same number on them, one set didn't have its number on it at all, and some were just the same toy released in different markets - it was hyped up huge at the beginning, but then fell flat after the first 10 came out).

Official images of the Studio Series 20 Vol 2 "Retro Pop Highway" Bumblebee & Dino Cassettes - as an Entertainment Earth exclusive, for US$60, to be released in October.

This set has the same two Dino cassettes as in Vol 1, but the allegiances and plastic types are reversed - Zaur is the Autobot in solid plastic, while Uriad (reverse of Dairu) is the Decepticon in translucent plastic.

I was kind of hoping the second set of cassettes would be a bit easier to come buy. I don't like the idea of paying nearly $100 for 2 cassettes. As much as I would love to have some of the more exotic cassette designs in my collection.

did I hear somewhere that the soundwave for the BB movie has been modified to take the original G1 Cassette toys? that's almost cool enough for me to buy that mould again.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

That new helicopter mold looks pretty sweet.

Agree, Dropkick looks good.

Having another look at Shadow Striker tonight - with that head and that gun it feels like they missed an opportunity by not calling him Oil Slick.

Does EE ship to us?