Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which iconic Transformers name has led to the most toys over the years?

Default Which iconic Transformers name has led to the most toys over the years?

Which iconic Transformers names (not characters) do you think has had the most toys over the years - Optimus/Convoy, Megatron, Bumblebee/Bumble, Starscream, Grimlock, Soundwave... or someone else?

Or more accurately, which iconic Transformers names have resulted in the most toys homaging them in some way, specifically their name or their appearance?
    (like, the 1984 Optimus Prime / Convoy has spawned many toys homaging his original form (or just the iconic head), or toys named after him, either exactly or slightly modified - like Star Convoy, Fire Convoy, Beast Convoy, Big Convoy, Optimus Primal, etc.)

I've counted a few of the contenders in my collection, but I'll wait until there have been some guesses posted before posting up the results.
    Last edited by griffin; 21st December 2021 at 06:40 PM.

FatalityPitt Guest

I was thinking about this fairly recently too, but mainly pertaining to the Prime Wars trilogy.

Lets see:

Optimus Prime
    : Had two Voyager figures in Combiner Wars (Battlecore Optimus - White, and Optimus in his regular colours). He had a Voyager and a Leader class figure in Titans Return, and he had one Leader Class figure in Power of the Primes. In total, Optimus had 5 toys in the Prime Wars trilogy (excluding Takara Legends and Exclusives).

Hot Rod/Rodimus: Had a Legends figure in Combiner Wars, a Deluxe in Titans Return, and 2x Leaders in PotP (if you count Rodimus Unicronus). In total, 4 toys.

Megatron: Had a Leader class figure in Combiner Wars, and a Voyager in Titans Return. 2 Prime Wars toys.

Starscream: Same as Megatron, 2 toys. One CW Leader and a PotP Voyager.

I'd say, the top two in the Prime Wars trilogy were Optimus Prime and Hot Rod/Rodimus. Surprisingly, Bumblebee only had one toy in the entirety of Prime Wars - the Titans Return legends figure. Even Brawn had more toys than Bumblebee (a Legends and a Titan Master).

I think if we're looking at all the Transformer lines, then definitely Optimus Prime has had the most toys, followed by Bumblebee.. and maybe Starscream? Surprisingly, there was not a single Megatron in Rid 2015.

It's got to be Optimus.

Bumblebee would probably have the most though if he was as prolific in every line as he is in the movie lines.

Would have to think it's Optimus Prime with Bumblebee very, very close behind .

Ox.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Would have to think it's Optimus Prime with Bumblebee very, very close behind .
    Yeah Optimus has been in nearly every continuity and usually gotten multiple toys in each new toyline/cartoon/series/whatever. Bumblebee didn't really reemerge after G2 until the live action movies started 11 years ago, then has had hundreds and hundreds of toys and also turned up in all the cartoons again, which means even more toys. I reckon the top four would have to be in order:
    *Optimus
    *Bumblebee
    *Megatron
    *Starscream

In my collection my biggest numbers would be roughly in order:
    Optimus
    Bumblebee
    Megatron
    Grimlock
    Starscream
    Soundwave

Megs and Bbee might have to trade places as would Screamer and Big Grim but thats about right I reckon.

Galvatran Guest

Am I the only one who read the thread title, saw the poster's username and thought well that's just self serving.

Soundwave

It surely has to be Prime. Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave all would be the next tier down over the course of the full transformers history.

However ever since the movies/Prime/rid, I think the number of Bumblebees has been staggering, all the repaints and different classes.

So I’d go Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream, Jazz and Grimlock over the entire history.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Overall it would have to be Optimus Prime, closely followed by Bumblebee and Megatron I'd imagine.

In my own personal collection it's Optimus Prime tied with Starscream, at an estimate.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Am I the only one who read the thread title, saw the poster's username and thought well that's just self serving.

Soundwave
    haha, yea it crossed my mind, 'is this a rhetorical question?'

I am going to buck the trend and suggest that Bumblebee has had the most toys, prime is very close second but since 2007, which is 11 years ago now, bumblebee has featured many times in pretty much every toy line with multiple repaints in pretty much every size class.

Prime has as well, but I don't think as much.

Starscream has got to be up there with optimus, maybe soundwave but with the exception of animated and the recent RID line, soundwave usually only gets a single representation, maybe a legend scale as well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)