Page 86 of 189 FirstFirst ... 6676818283848586878889909196106 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon AUSTRALIA Transformers items

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Amazon AU just cancelled my Rocket Base.
    Oh, guess it's a good thing I didn't cancel my Amazon US one. Hopefully that's still on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Amazon AU just cancelled my Rocket Base.
    They just cancelled the barricade/punch set!

And my Dominus Criminal Pursuit pack was just cancelled too.

Likewise for me and the Dominus criminal pursuit

I'm not sure about the other items you guys had cancelled, but it seems really odd that they cancelled the Rocket Base because I was able to go to Amazon US last night and place a preorder from them. They still had stock, so I don't understand why it was cancelled when I was buying Amazon US stock through Amazon AU.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I just had rocket base cancelled too, but its still available for preorder on amazon us at a higher price. They?re just scalpers now.
    I caved though and ordered it from Amazon US and will eat the shipping cost.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Having had my Rocket Base order with Amazon US deferred to March 15, I wonder if there has been a delay in stock which had Amazon US instruct Amazon AU to cancel orders because they could not confirm stock.

The expected release date of the Botropolis Rocket Base on my account has moved from FEB 15th to March 1st (ordered on Amazon US, so hasn't been cancelled).

Another possibility of cancellations of orders place through Amazon AUS on American stock, is that if the pre-order period was so many months long that the exchange rate has resulted in Amazon America expecting to get underpaid when we end up getting charged at the AU Dollar value we originally pre-ordered at.
    And if that isn't the reason, I think it should be... because if they are listing a pre-order at (say) AU$100 to get at least US$70 on their end and don't charge you at that time, 6 months later when the item is in stock to ship they charge you for it, the exchange rate could be significantly different. Naturally Amazon America would be happy if the exchange rate moved in their favour and they make more money from the item, but it wouldn't matter to us because we still pay the same amount on our end in AU$ which we were happy to pay for at the time of making the order. However, if the exchange rate goes against Amazon America, and they no longer get enough from the Amazon Australia dollar value to cover their costs, they might already have in the fine-print that they can remove from sale, any item offered through a foreign site that does not convert to a minimum amount of US Dollars at the time of shipping out the item.

The pre-order price guarantee should still apply, technically, but they state it only for items sold by Amazon AU.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/help/cu...deId=201745640

Though it seems that they could just preclude stock from AU, since they aren't following their pricing policy if they just pull it from sale here.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/help/cu...deId=201895490
    If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. This applies only to products sold and fulfilled by Amazon AU. Sellers may follow different policies in the event of a mispriced item.