Page 109 of 189 FirstFirst ... 8999104105106107108109110111112113114119129 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1886

Thread: Amazon AUSTRALIA Transformers items

Locked in SS86 Slug for that price even tho it's out of stock

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well, there's the Ark ordered. About $13 cheaper than I got Omega Supreme and Scorpy for.

And now I sit back and watch the e-mails roll in, telling me how they're having difficulty "sourcing" the product, just like the other things I've got on order...

Not going to complain about a few more dollars being shaved off Wreck-Gar though. Maybe it'll drop again before they manage to "source" some.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Nice. I just checked and the order I placed for the Ark a long time ago got the discounted price applied.
    I was hoping so too, as they keep advertising the "cheapest price guarantee"... and the one benefit of it being delayed (was meant to be out August 1st), is it captured this discount, that may not have been intended when this sale was originally planned, due to the fact that all of those sale items should have already been released, and the discounts would only apply to any leftover stock (if any).

Kingdom Beast Megatron $37.40. Only 2 left at this time.

Grabbed WreckGar, Slug, Ark and Botropolis, with the first 3 now joining the long list of waiting for stock orders with Amazon. Should've grabbed another Scorponok at that price, but no need for it I guess. Doesn't look like you can order any of these now.

I never had any intention of getting Botropolis or the Ark, but Amazon got the better of me...

So does Amazon honor pricing errors? Probably not...

Generations Selects Titan Black Zarak for $41.54
    Which brings us to where we are today...

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    So does Amazon honor pricing errors? Probably not...

Generations Selects Titan Black Zarak for $41.54
    No, I've heard about it quite a few times over the years. When something like this gets ridiculously underpriced, Amazon always corrects the error, and never sells at the erroneous price.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    No, I've heard about it quite a few times over the years. When something like this gets ridiculously underpriced, Amazon always corrects the error, and never sells at the erroneous price.
    Okay, thanks!

I placed an order of course, but I don't expect it to be fulfilled.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I don't understand how Amazon gets away with no honouring the price. At work, unless we suspect someone has been deceptive (or a customer has just dumped an item in the wrong spot (which is really easy to tell)) we have to always honour the incorrect price.

This price of Amazon's would be the equivalent of a staff member putting an item on the shelf and placing the wrong ticket on it. Which has to be honoured.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Australian consumer law allows retailers the option of honouring the price, or withdrawing the item from sale until the price can be corrected... the decision then comes down to how much damage the wrong price is going to do to the business, verses the negative publicity of not letting people buy the item.
    Even though it might be seen as a suitable penalty for a retailer making a mistake, if it is is a significant error (like pricing a $100 item for just $1), it could ruin a business if they had to sell all remaining stock at that wrong price, or could ruin that brand if on the books later it suggests that a particular brand is losing them money and they stop stocking it.