Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Hound revealed

I just pre-ordered one from Oh My Primus. I am not going to risk any of the Aussie retailers for better 1. delivery and/or 2. price.
    Spiderken Away!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    ^ This. All of this. Thank you.
    And I disagree, many do not know the actual truth about the licensing and we are just justifying it by saying so. We done this before, there is no evidence that suggests Takara is charging you more because of a license. Prove it to say it.

There are $5 toy cars that are licensed as well. What I find is we give excuses to justify the purchase.

Back to topic. I think hound looks great just I don’t feel like spending $200.
    I paid $180 for mp Magnus, $175 for an inferno mp, how is hound $175 excluding shipping cost?

Only reason we paying more now is our Aussie dollar is weak. The China trade war definitely didn’t help.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    And I disagree, many do not know the actual truth about the licensing and we are just justifying it by saying so. We done this before, there is no evidence that suggests Takara is charging you more because of a license. Prove it to say it.

There are $5 toy cars that are licensed as well. What I find is we give excuses to justify the purchase.
    Philby didn't just mention the cost of licensing being a factor, but also the conditions that come with it, which could make a figure more complicated. Now you might say that licensing could always have created these issues, which is true, but as Takara move more and more toward slavish cartoon accuracy their commitment to that and pleasing the companies they are licensing from can clash. For example, Masterpeice Sunstreaker has the toy/cartoon accurate exposed engine parts, but also has the ability to flip them away and have the vehicle be more realistic. This is a perfect example of Takara trying to please fans and Lamborghini simultaneously and you can't think that didn't add to the overall cost.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    paying for licensing is a real cost, and who knows if designs and engineering had to be changed and made more complicated and expensive to accomodate the licensor.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I said whatever I needed to say. I just feel people are over justifying the license but when Takara has never mentioned an issue with it.
    I keep hearing the same thing about jazz , trailbreaker and anything that is not released. License issues when no sort of evidence saying is so.

End of the day to me is pure for profit that they raise prices. Like it or not you buy it if you justify it to be worth it. I think hound is great, price I don’t think it fits.
    As Goki shown binaltech in the past, a Subaru wrx all licensed and with all the watermark printed under $100.

I also felt mp44 starscream head was over the top, and seriously how many people is going to bother with it?

As Goki shown binaltech in the past, a Subaru wrx all licensed and with all the watermark printed under $100.
    It's unfair to compare MP to Binaltech. Aside from the heads, Binaltech had no G1 accuracy to adhere to, they were allowed to be their own thing. Masterpiece has to look a very specific way in alt mode and a very very specific way in bot mode.

You are right which brings back to mp-1 still ending up cheaper than mp hound.

Mp Magnus is toon accurate and is cheaper than hound.lol

Mp inferno heaps of accessories, toon accurate and larger than hound still cheaper than mp hound.

You are right which brings back to mp-1 still ending up cheaper than mp hound.

Mp Magnus is toon accurate and is cheaper than hound.lol

Mp inferno heaps of accessories, toon accurate and larger than hound still cheaper than mp hound.
    MP1 has no place here. The truck mode is garbage by modern MP standards and both MP10 and MP44 far outclass the bot mode.

Magnus is very toon accurate but not cheaper than Hound unless you're referring to second hand sales.

Inferno does have a very cartoon accurate bot mode but the vehicle mode is not as realistic as it could be (although it is on par with the G1 toy).

Hell no mp-1 is by far in place as the only serious masterpiece here.
    Wow calling that garbage? You lost the plot.

Magnus was $185 shipped from ny. In fact cheaper and I am not even going to get pc involved.

You are definitely giving lot of excuses for inferno.

How about Takara just wants more profit? Is that hard to accept? I don’t think there is anything wrong, I just don’t think I can justify paying that much. I would have bought at the $175 marked delivered.

I bought mp44 btw. I just think hound is pushing it a wee too far

Moving on....

Yup, I am out of the MP scene
    $1 for every time this has been said and I could afford an mp hound.

So hound is going to be about the same as sunstreaker but with more accessories? I’m ok with that as I feel the engineering needed to get these looking as good as they do has really stepped up over the last 4-5 releases.