Thread: Privacy

Default Privacy

With the medical opt out, centrelink using facial recognition software and now canon printers winning in the courts to have an app d/l onto their techs phone so they and the customer can track them. The info will be sent overseas to philipines. Concerns you can be tracked after work hours.

What do you think of our privacy and do you have any concers that it is being eroded?
    Last edited by Autocon; 1st August 2018 at 08:41 PM.

Considering that politicians are now so psychopathic that they privatise utilities and to hell with the consumers who will suffer, it should come as no surprise that giving away personal information about citizens gives a financial advantage to a politician's business connection. Especially if that business connection can set up the ex-politician with a board position at the company.

PS Don't be surprised to see judges ruling in favour of the highest bidder. In this case; Canon.

So much of this is to do with implementation and security.

I agree with the idea in principle that Canon have a right to know their techs whereabouts at all times during work hours.

I am involved in running a business. Making sure that the people that are there just to pick up salary actually stay on task so the business itself continues to make money is a task and a half, at times.

However, where the data ends up, who has access to it, and how is it is to obtain access to are issues where, more often than not, these things seem to fall apart.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

If you care about privacy, don't use Google Home products.

https://www.techspot.com/news/80902-...ersations.html

Nothing is private. All it takes is a little time & the right tools

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    If you care about privacy, don't use Google Home products.

https://www.techspot.com/news/80902-...ersations.html
    Yes I'm amazed how eager some people are to have these things in their home.