• Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

2 22.22%
  • Not even interested

6 66.67%

Thread: Toy Review - Cyberverse Optimus Prime (Warrior)

Default Toy Review - Cyberverse Optimus Prime (Warrior)

OPTIMUS PRIME
    Series - Cyberverse
    Size/class - Warrior
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - Yes (8/2018)
    Approximate Retail Price - $32
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Truck cab
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Energon Axe Attack
    Main Colours - red, blue
    Main Accessories - None

Truck Mode

This mode appears to have been inspired by my Optimus Prime CosPlay. Or maybe Softimus Prime. Only with the rear of the truck caved in as he's been rear-ended. The clearly visible feet are an eyesore, and the unpainted smokestacks are disappointing. Only the front and rear-most wheels can move; the centre wheels are fake. The shoulder hinges replace any side windows, so... they don't exist. The Energon Axe protruding from the back is also a bit of an eyesore. It has windscreen wipers that are painted black, so... yay?

Robot Mode
    Reasonable articulation on the legs and right arm. No head articulation and the left arm only moves at the shoulder. It is permanently sculpted in a bent position, and it has sacrificed having an elbow or hand for the Energon Axe gimmick. When you retract the axe all you're left with is a stump. No hand. The right arm has a hand, but much like Warrior Class RiD Optimus Prime it suffers from being set behind immovable vehicle kibble, rendering the hand fairly ineffective for doing a lot of actual tasks. It does have a 5mm post compatible fist hole though... but no accessories to go in it!

Optimus Prime's Function is - wait for it - "Noble Leader." I give up.

Overall
    An incredibly underwhelming Warrior/Deluxe Class toy. I cannot think of a single Deluxe Class Bumblebee toy that is as bad as this one. Even comparing it to other Aligned Deluxe Optimus Primes we can see that Warrior Cyberverse Optimus Prime is by the worst. Okay, he has pretty nice legs, but the toy is by no means worth the Warrior price point. I cannot recommend this toy.

PHOTOS

I don't like the dump on kid's toys but man oh man these are a mess...

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This mode appears to have been inspired by my Optimus Prime CosPlay. Or maybe Softimus Prime.
    I can't take this review seriously now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post

Dump away!

The fact is that most Transformers are actually kids toys.
    G1 = for kids (we 80s kids were kids when we started collecting then!)
    Beast Wars = for kids
    Car Robot/RiD = for kids
    Unicron Trilogy = for kids
    Animated = for kids
    Prime = for kids
    Robots In Disguise (recent) = for kids

And even a lot of lines that appeal to collectors are also for kids (they're made to appeal to both), these include Bayformers and CHUG.

Only very few Transformers lines are designed exclusively for adults, such as Binaltech and Masterpiece. I totally reject the "for kids" defence for such terrible toys.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post

Kids deserve better toys than this.

I get that the toys are meant to be more simplified for kids and have fun gimmicks, but this... is kind of insulting..

I collect most Optimus toys as he's my all time favorite character, but this! This is an easy pass! What a horrible mess!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Kids deserve better toys than this.

I get that the toys are meant to be more simplified for kids and have fun gimmicks, but this... is kind of insulting..
    QFT!!!

Rescue Bots Optimus Prime is a better toy than this. Yes, grossly simplified because it's for toddlers, but it doesn't talk down to its target audience.

Yeah so I have this in hand and oh dear, it's bad.

Legs are a floppy mess, knees might as well not be there as they lock straight and are super soft in any other position so just collapse, no swivel on the right arm/bicep that doesn't have the gimmick and the gimmick, while kinda cool, doesn't even work properly.

Highlight is the vehicle mode, which is actually decently detailed and looks nice.

Avoid this one (even as an OP collector such as myself.)