Thread: G1 Afterburner And Rippersnapper

Default G1 Afterburner And Rippersnapper

Hello there

I would like the G1 Technobot Afterburner and G1 Terrorcon Rippersnapper. I'm considering getting an online shopping account to find them but wanted to check here for:

1. Advice on shopping online for old toys (I prefer looking in the cabinets at comic book stores but that could take forever) and...

2. Whether anyone has either toy they would be prepared to sell.

I fully expect such toys to be wonky after three decades, but would want them to still be able to assume all three modes (since I intend for them to become the final limbs of... um... 'Deperitron' and 'Brutanus' ).

The weapon I'd most want to still have is Rippersnapper's 'twin missile launcher' dorsal fin.

This is my first time making such a request so corrections on protocol welcome.

Cheers

I should update this to say that, thanks to a recent collector's fair I now have Rippersnapper, so Brutanus lives!

Still looking for Afterburner and, at a stretch, Rippersnapper's fin attachment.

Great! Good luck in your search, but I'd definitely try ebay
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I did try EBay and my first such experience went well. I now have Afterburner and as such Deperitron stands tall.

I commented initially that I expected old toys to be 'wonky' and I imagined looseness. However they are surprisingly stiff.

And why does Afterburner have a spare combiner port? Guess I'll have to experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    And why does Afterburner have a spare combiner port? Guess I'll have to experiment.
    Are you referring to the fold out peg on the back end of the bike? His leg mode uses it. He's not mean to be "stand up and collapse thighs" like most other square-peg combiners as a leg (tho he is meant to for arm mode).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister