Thread: Greetings

Talking Greetings

Hi all,

I'm a Transformers fan who has been around the sun some 37 orbits now. After the 80's and 90's came and went with a smattering of G1 toys that my folks could afford, I did lose my way for a while until Beast Wars came along and ignited my spark again (as I've been told it did for many).

I've read and loved every single IDW comic (though MTMTE/LL are still my favourites) and have managed to watch a few TV series through the years though I've missed out on the recent RiD run. The live action movies for me are mainly mindless robot stomping fun although the plots have more holes than Cybertron does especially of late which has made me feel a LITTLE bitter.

From a toy collecting perspective, I started re-collecting them at work since home didn't have the room a good 7-8 years ago with Movie Blackout and since then I've picked and chosen what I could get my hands on across a whole bunch of different lines. My current job of 4 years have been more than lenient in this regard and as such my little collection has exploded a bit! I tend to lean towards Generations style figures (especially if they have an IDW aesthetic) and try to 'balance' my goodies and baddies where I can. So my collection is incredibly eclectic!

The jewels in my crown would have to be Legends Super Ginrai/Godbomber (as God Ginrai he is truly a presence and sight to behold) and now POTP Nemesis Prime (which I keep raving about, and have written a review for here, but seriously, he is worth the investment).

I tend to only purchase 3rd Party gear as upgrades to existing figures rather than outright figures themselves purely due to cost factor. My 30th Springer and HFTD Bludgeon definitely benefited from these.

Anyways, that's me! I've been trawling the posts for quite some time and finally decided to take the plunge so hopefully will become an active member over time.

Til all are one!

Galvatran Guest

A Transformers fan hey? Who'd have thought on this forum.

A warm welcome to the boards. Enjoy your time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    A Transformers fan hey? Who'd have thought on this forum.
    I know right? CRAAAAAAZY!

Welcome aboard the board, it's nice to have such an understanding workplace!

I tend to keep a few bots on my desk but there are definitely raised eyebrows from time to time.

I also buy a fair few Indie Accessories for my figures. They often flesh out a character to make them a lot more representative of their fictional representation.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Welcome aboard the board, it's nice to have such an understanding workplace!

I tend to keep a few bots on my desk but there are definitely raised eyebrows from time to time.

I also buy a fair few Indie Accessories for my figures. They often flesh out a character to make them a lot more representative of their fictional representation.
    My boss actually walked over to my desk yesterday and said 'good lord it's grown!' when he saw my collection all laid out He says its his sons favourite spot to look when he comes in sometimes and I'm not here, he sits at my desk and gazes

When I become one with the Matrix I'll be passing it onto my own son (currently two) who I can't wait to introduce Transformers to

Welcome !!!!
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Quote Originally Posted by PROVOST View Post
    Welcome !!!!
    Somewhat delayed given its been over a year but thanks anyway!!