I think one of the frustrating things about the PotP line so far (to me anyway) is the level of difficulty and cost involved in trying to complete Abominus and Volcanus. The Terrorcons and Dinobots were spread out over multiple waves, e.g. two of Abominus’ components (Hun-gurr and Rippersnapper) are in wave 2 and the remaining three (Blot, Sinnertwin and Cutthroat) are wave 3 figures, so we’d have to wait months between releases to get all the Terrorcons. Then to top it off, the distribution of the Deluxes has been mediocre in Australia (for a lack of better terms). I’ve not seen any wave 2 Deluxes at any of the main stores (Kmart, Big W, Target), and yet wave 3 is JUST starting to appear at Target. This might not be so bad for those wanting to complete Abominus since the only Deluxe Terrorcon Wave 2 is Rippersnapper, but it’d suck more if you want to complete Volcanus (Snarl and Sludge are wave 2). This distribution problem is probably due to reluctance by the stores to pay more for Deluxes, which have gone up in price by about $10, but that’s a somewhat different topic.

There is the option of going online and getting the rest of the assortment, but you’d have to pay extra for shipping plus scalper-induced-“premiums”. Thinking about it now, it would have been good to have the option of getting all the Terrorcons/Dinobots in one hit, i.e. as a box-set like CW Victorion, Computron, G2 Bruticus, etc.

Which kind of brings me to the question, would you prefer buying Combiners as box-sets instead of individual figures?

Pros: We’d get all characters in one hit, and it generally works out to be relatively cheaper since we’re buying them in bulk (less packaging and less intricate details, etc.).

Cons: We don’t have the option of buying individual characters. Some people might only want Blot and none of the other Terrorcons. Also if one breaks or goes missing, and needs to be replaced, we’d have to buy a whole box-set just to replace that one character or part.