Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Guinness World Record for the biggest collection of Transformers

It’s funny how the tone of this thread is replicated in just about every other discussion about who has the biggest collection (just do a google search).

I have no doubt there are bigger collections out there, but given the reactions I’m not surprised they keep them private.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    *snip* but because I want it to smoke out collections that are bigger than mine, to find out just how big a collection can possibly be.)
    Have you tried lighting up some weed to smoke them out? Chances are you might inadvertently smoke out the wrong crew. *Snoop Dogg*

(kids, don't try this at home. Playing with fire is hazardous)

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    It’s funny how the tone of this thread is replicated in just about every other discussion about who has the biggest collection (just do a google search).

I have no doubt there are bigger collections out there, but given the reactions I’m not surprised they keep them private.
    OR maybe Transformer fans generally stop counting their collections after a while, because there's no point, and it's just a pain in the butt having to keep track of everything we have.

Thing about Transformers (to me at least), is that it's not a competition about who collects the most toys. That's not what Transformers is about. People buy Transformers because they like the look and feel of the toys, their engineering, and the characters they represent. I don't think I've ever met a Transformers fan who set out to have the biggest collection by buying a trolley full of bad toys they don't like, just for the sake of growing the collection.

I think most fans buy Transformers because they want to experience something fun and different, not just for the sake of having. That's why toy reviews exist. If Transformers was about achieving quantity over quality, we'd be indiscriminately buying more bad toys without questioning their quality.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    OR maybe Transformer fans generally stop counting their collections after a while, because there's no point, and it's just a pain in the butt having to keep track of everything we have.
    This is where I currently sit haha. I am probably at a best guess around the ~2000 mark but that would include third party bots and I am not advocating that they would count towards any official record.

I wish I had time to properly catalogue and count my entire collection but it is just not feasible at the moment. Although if you have already done all the hard work Griffin why not go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I wish I had time to properly catalogue and count my entire collection but it is just not feasible at the moment.
    Same. I stopped cataloging at the 2000 mark about 2 years ago. I'm prob at about 2500 now. But going back and cataloging all those ones I've missed - it seems such an onerous task I can never quite bring myself to start

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Same. I stopped cataloging at the 2000 mark about 2 years ago. I'm prob at about 2500 now. But going back and cataloging all those ones I've missed - it seems such an onerous task I can never quite bring myself to start
    I've been thinking about it and by the time I get my collection out of storage my boys will be older and if they are still interested in Transformers then it might be something fun we can do together. Otherwise for the time being, I just try and maintain a spreadsheet on purchases to track where I have ordered from and what is still to come in (there are a lot of 'pending' markings with the store 'PC' next to it on my list )

I'm so impressed with Griffin's video of his 6000 TFs collection that I'd love to see that Seibertron guy do one of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    I'm so impressed with Griffin's video of his 6000 TFs collection that I'd love to see that Seibertron guy do one of his own.
    Where might one find said video???

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Where might one find said video???
    This thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Wow, impressive!