Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever had to make a huge sacrifice for the greater good?

i love my missus to bits, but selling the tf's i think not, plus shes not a party person which is nice

Same! I'm actually more of the party-goer than my wife.

I sold nearly all of my TF's to fund the birth of our son. I don't think of that as so much of a sacrifice though...

Yeah, but selling your toys to preserve the sanctity of life is perfectly understandable (not to mention noble!)! I could understand if someone had to sell their TFs to fund a medical procedure or something... like I said, stuff like housing, food, education, medicine... ya know, important life-necessities like this I can totally understand. Heck, I could even understand someone selling their TFs and giving the proceeds to charities like Unicef, Worldvision, Save the Children Fund et al.

But selling your entire TF collection to fund a party seems far too frivolous to me. And to fund someone else's party... far out.

Hehe good to know they went to a good home. Magnus was my first purchase and my favourite character by far so take good care of him! I've trained him to kick ass so don't be dropping him or anything

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Well thank you for the Springer and Ultra Magnus then.

Was after a complete Springer for a while so I'm glad it helped pay for your gf's party!
    May we see pics of her and the party please?

Nono not 24 years of collecting. I woke up one morning in january this year and for some reason I was hit with "why the hell dont I just ebay all the transformers figs I've always wanted as a kid?" and it took off from there. That collection was only 6months or so in the making before I distributed them amongst you guys!

Just a worthy note, my gf actually payed for virtually everything (food, outtings, movies, my clothes yada yada) for the entire 6 months while i spent all my part time earnings on my addiction. So I suppose selling everything to fund her bday and her presents balanced things.

My bday is coming up and she's already bought me a new phone, payed for my call of duty 5 and lord of the rings conquest games, bought me a gps navigator as well as funding my afa graded g2 optimus.

I suppose there's always two sides to every story.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah... I... I just cannot imagine selling off my entire collection for something as - to me - frivolous as a birthday party?? As Hereticpoo said, I could understand it if it were for something personally important/vital like housing, food, education etc... but a party?! Sorry man, but that's kuh-razy!

I would have to be starving and on the verge of being homeless before even considering selling twenty-four years of TF collecting. That's twenty-four years of your life man!!!

Also, I gotta say this, I've never heard of someone having to pay for their partner's birthday party. Seriously. If my wife asked me to completely fund - not just a party - but a massively HUGE extravaganza of a FESTIVAL (which I imagine your gf's party must've been if you had to raise so much money for it!) my answer would be NO. I would be willing to consider helping to pay for some of it, but I would be more focused on financially planning for the funding and organisation of the event well in advance.

Geez... dirge, griffin and I (especially griff!) had to dig deep into our pockets to fund previous Transformer conventions and even then we never had to sell off our collections to help fund them. What kind of party was this? Did you build her a private amusement theme park like Michael Jackson's Neverland?? Far out! I hope the male strippers were hot.

I celebrated my 21st at Sizzler (they gave me a free cake!).

I'm not home right now, but when I get home I'll definitely throw up a photo or two to show you guys how I spent the money!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Well thank you for the Springer and Ultra Magnus then.

Was after a complete Springer for a while so I'm glad it helped pay for your gf's party!
    May we see pics of her and the party please?
    Here's the group photo during dinner, just before we all went to EVE in the city. I also bought her an acer laptop and a burberry watch. Sorry about the image quality, I had to downsize it but she's the asian girl in the yellow centre right. I'm in stealth mode just behind her. She smiles because of your hard earned working dollars! hehe jking. I'd post up individual pics of her but I don't wanna come off as a boastful fool.
    Last edited by canofwhoopass_87; 3rd November 2008 at 11:59 PM.

whoopie...there's a feature called the "multi-quote".
    it's the button in the middle, next (on the right) of the "Quote" button.

click on that button for the post you wanna quote, at the last quote..click the "Quote" button...that will do you more justice (i hope)

[edit]
    just a suggestion too is that, type your answers at the bottom of the quotes so that we know what you're referring to first.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    whoopie...there's a feature called the "multi-quote".
    it's the button in the middle, next (on the right) of the "Quote" button.

click on that button for the post you wanna quote, at the last quote..click the "Quote" button...that will do you more justice (i hope)

[edit]
    just a suggestion too is that, type your answers at the bottom of the quotes so that we know what you're referring to first.
    And the edit function to add more stuff to a current post.

No wonder your count is so high after just one day.

As for the topic, nope. Money comes and goes, collections don't. In comparison money is worthless.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

awesome stuff dude to show you care about someone

i'm sure it was well worth it