Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Studio Series Drift with Baby Dinobots

Default Studio Series Drift with Baby Dinobots

Transformers Studio Series Drift with Baby Dinobots Sharp-T, Pterry, and Tops

Which brings us to where we are today...

Official images of SS-36 Drift appear to have come from Entertainment Earth, who are the first to list a pre-order for it, for release in February... at a premium rate of US$27.
    It must be an exclusive, as that price is waaaay above the US price point of Studio series Deluxes ($20), and is actually closer to the Voyager price point ($30).
    The toy on display at NYCC.

They have tweeted about it as being an exclusive to them.

Some people are saying it's just a (good) recolour though of an existing Drift toy (plus the new mini-Dinobots)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

Some people are saying it's just a (good) recolour though of an existing Drift toy (plus the new mini-Dinobots)
    Yeah it’s the same as the deluxe Last Knight version of Drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

I was just reading about it being listed on EE with a different product code to Amazon... suggesting that there will be two. If that is true, maybe the dinobots are exclusive to this one, "justifying" their excessive markup.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Yeah it’s the same as the deluxe Last Knight version of Drift.
    That's disappointing, I thought the SS was supposed to be new moulds. I would be getting this if it was a new mould, but looking at it, the bot mode does feel very familiar. I'm not dropping $70 on 3 little dinobots. as much as I love the look of them.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

this is the kind of dumb silly cute thing that would get me to buy a bay-verse toy lol

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's disappointing, I thought the SS was supposed to be new moulds. I would be getting this if it was a new mould, but looking at it, the bot mode does feel very familiar. I'm not dropping $70 on 3 little dinobots. as much as I love the look of them.
    Not only is it a reuse of an existing mold, but frankly I was hoping for a Drift that finally turned from Bot to Car AND Helicopter.

I agree with UM, the baby dinos are cool but does not justify the pricetag

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    , but frankly I was hoping for a Drift that finally turned from Bot to Car AND Helicopter.
    that would have been sweet!

on a nearly completely unrelated note.
    I'm really disappointed that the RC helicopter Drift never got released. I was hanging out for that. I did get the Lockdown.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Looks like Japan will be getting the Entertainment Earth Drift (with baby Dinobots) at the same time as America, with theirs being released in March as well... and if you thought the EE price was a lot (US$30 - compared to Deluxes being US$16-20), the Japanese release will be about US$35-40... or about AU$50. (actually 4318yen)

The hobby magazine scan also reveals another Best Movie toy, with the TF4 DLX Bumblebee (which was also released in the TF5 toyline), with a new accessory.
    Both toys have EX in their code, so are likely to be TakaraTomyMall exclusives.
    It will be out in March as well, for a slightly cheaper price of 3238yen (about AU$40).