Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robotoyz.net

Well that is disconcerting news... the only downside I saw in feedback thread was the wait time. Fingers crossed.

Didn’t know there was a Robotoyz feedback thread, thanks.

I’ve been messaging them many times in many ways, like via their site and Facebook. I enquire about 2 orders and one was made in June 2021 and I still haven’t got any responses I’ve been messaging since the beginning of 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranceblade View Post
    Joel has been in military service for a short while, the lack of communication has been noted multiple times on FB
    I spent 21 years in the military and I never had a problem answering Facebook or emails
    Besides, I understand he joined earlier this year? All my drama occurred in 2022...
    Last edited by Dangermot; 26th June 2023 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I didn't think we would be getting the Volvo Optimus here, since we didn't see the holiday version here last year... so I currently have one on its way from Singapore... costing me $130 to have it shipped here.

It's the fear of missing out that strikes again...
    The reason i hate the delay with putting up preorders

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    You folks should add your experience to the Robotoyz feedback thread, if you haven't already.

If you paid/funded with a credit (or debit) card, you should have no trouble disputing the transaction, and getting a refund for the simple reason of "Goods Not Received". The statute of limitations is quite long (a year or longer if I recall?).
    Yeah I've already added my experience to the Robotoyz feedback thread.
    I paid with Paypal but unfortunately went over the 6 month time limit so I wasn't able to get any refunds. He just completely ignored me and took of with 3 lots of deposits

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermot View Post
    I emailed them and messaged them via Facebook to cancel a pre-order. A week later I've still heard nothing from them. Are they always this slack?
    Well I actually had 3 pre-orders (placed early 2022) that I had to unfortunately cancel. I sent multiple messages via email & FB. Did not get any sort of response. He even had the cheek to send me balance payment reminders when the pre-orders came in stock. Unfortunately I paid via Paypal and let the 6 month claim period expire, so no refunds. That's 3 lots of deposits gone.

Yeah I've already added my experience to the Robotoyz feedback thread.
    I paid with Paypal but unfortunately went over the 6 month time limit so I wasn't able to get any refunds. He just completely ignored me and took of with 3 lots of deposits
    I had a nightmare situation earlier this year and couldn't get through to Joel at Robotoyz. Joel had always been super friendly and helpful, to zero responses at all. Had no idea at the time he wasn't looking after the store.

If you want to get in contact with them, try Stephen at sfreedman521@gmail.com who appears to have taken over for the time being. Can't guarantee he monitors that email either, but I hope it helps?

I paid with Paypal but unfortunately went over the 6 month time limit so I wasn't able to get any refunds.
    PayPal's Buyer Protection does not supersede the credit card dispute process. If you funded the PayPal transaction with a credit/debit card, ignore PayPal, and go straight to the issuing bank. If you funded with a bank transfer, there is no greater advice I can give to a collector than to never do that - this being a perfectly example why not.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Well that is disconcerting news... the only downside I saw in feedback thread was the wait time. Fingers crossed.
    I’ve ordered a half dozen times or more. Has always delivered. I think my most recent pre-orders were the Wreckers Rule collection & SG Flamewar. They came through one by one over an extended period (6 months or more?) but received all of them eventually.

I did send an email about one of my orders once that was never answered. From comments here sounds like he’s a small operator that realised he wasn’t going to make a living selling niche action figures and had to get a real job!

I’ll keep fingers crossed for you too, but I wouldn’t worry if I were you.