Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Robotoyz.net

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    (with a registered main business location of 4680!!!)
    Oh, I've dealt with Robotoyz and I didn't even realise it because it was via Ebay. I wasn't really impressed because not only is Robotoys in the same city I'm in, he even ships his items located in Australia from the same post office I use. He could have just handed me the stuff I bought from him. Instead, they went through the post, which means a 2-day trip to Brisbane to get sorted and another 2-day trip back to Gladstone.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

My troop builder pack arrived today (on a Sunday!) via Singapore according to the postage labels.
    So they do have that going for them.
    But my experience with the lag in postage, inconsistent messaging and a tracking number that didn't work dissuade me from recommending them.
    If you're a more patient and trusting type of person, they could be a good back-up option.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    My troop builder pack arrived today (on a Sunday!)
    Yeah, Oz Post's Christmas delivery period (making the contractors work 7 days a week) started yesterday. I had a book turn up yesterday morning, whereas last weekend stuff waited for delivery on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Yeah, Oz Post's Christmas delivery period (making the contractors work 7 days a week) started yesterday. I had a book turn up yesterday morning, whereas last weekend stuff waited for delivery on Monday.
    The delivery people are getting smashed all year round up here. Our Oz Post Parcel person delivers to us between 6pm and 8pm. Saturday deliveries started about three months ago. I'm guessing on a weekday they rock up to work between four and five am. From experience no amount of money justifies hours where all you do is work and sleep. If you have a regular delivery person and you get a parcel over this time period drop them a little pressie if you are able to, it makes their day a lot better.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Not that long ago, if the delivery contractor was overloaded and had more items to deliver than they could get done before sunset, the remainder would get delivered the following day. But a couple of months back they started delivering after sunset if they had to. I felt bad when the contractors turned up a couple of times hours after sunset. It's not that important, it can wait IMO. At least we are literally the last street they deliver to on this route, so they get to finish up for the day after my street.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Not that long ago, if the delivery contractor was overloaded and had more items to deliver than they could get done before sunset, the remainder would get delivered the following day. But a couple of months back they started delivering after sunset if they had to. I felt bad when the contractors turned up a couple of times hours after sunset. It's not that important, it can wait IMO. At least we are literally the last street they deliver to on this route, so they get to finish up for the day after my street.
    Yes, this is what was happening to our deliveries as the days got longer, then they started delivering after sunset. I thought the same, it can wait until later, it's not a life saving kidney. However I guess that's the state of the supply chain now, online shopping has hit the delivery game hard so they just have to keep working. Mid pandemic North Queensland was very different to most of Oz and was open for business. Withing weeks of our minimal lockdown it ramped up very fast and I was working 15 hour days because demand went through the roof and no one saw it coming. I guess my point is, be patient and be kind to the person dropping off your parcel no matter the date ot time it was expected.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)