Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P Stan Lee

I'm here on this messageboard because the Marvel Comics (both US and UK) kept me into Transformers long after I might have otherwise moved on.

The only thing I'm into that comes close to my love of Transformers, is my love of the X-Men comics.

Without Stan Lee's work in establishing Marvel Comics - as I've know it since 1986 - I might not have either of these two things that have meant so much to me.

I'm feeling oddly detached to this news. I would have liked to have met him like so many others have at a convention but the opportunity never presented itself.

His contributions to comics and story telling are massive. 95 is a good innings and he's managed to maintain some semblance of fitness up until very recently, a very full life he has led.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I remember when he was at Supanova where I managed to get a print signed. He was a trouper, staying back after official closing to get as many things signed as possible. The lines that day to meet him were absolutely crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I remember when he was at Supanova where I managed to get a print signed. He was a trouper, staying back after official closing to get as many things signed as possible. The lines that day to meet him were absolutely crazy.
    That was the sad part. I knew it was just going to be a really long line and also pricey. But really wanted to meet him at Supanova.

RIP Stan, thank you for giving us creations that gave us hope when we didn't have any ourselves. Through them you show'd us to keep fighting for what is right and to never ever give up. This world is a much better place for what you have given it. Thank you Stan.

Excelsior!!!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot