Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Golden Age' of Ozformers

Galvatran Guest

Default 'Golden Age' of Ozformers

What do you consider the 'Golden Age' of Ozformers? And why?

I realise it's a pretty broad question and deliberately so. It could be the year you made meaningful friendships on the boards or IRL. Or an event here that positively shaped your life, etc. I'm interested to hear from long serving members as well as not so long serving members.

When i had money and before the wife wrecked life. Mic drop.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    When i had money and before the wife wrecked life. Mic drop.
    Well poop, that’s pretty hard to follow I think he wins

Dunno, whatever year I won OzF of the year (think it was 2016) just because of the fun Mythirax, JITS, SS77 and Sinnertwin had campaigning for me. Lots of creative fun and spoof political campaigns to be put forth

Sadly half those guys have since quit the forum and the other half don’t come on here much anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well poop, that’s pretty hard to follow I think he wins

Dunno, whatever year I won OzF of the year (think it was 2016) just because of the fun Mythirax, JITS, SS77 and Sinnertwin had campaigning for me. Lots of creative fun and spoof political campaigns to be put forth

Sadly half those guys have since quit the forum and the other half don’t come on here much anymore
    No correlation between the two though? Right?

Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Personally I'd say around 2008. It was post the first movie, there was a big influx of people returning to TFs because of the movie and/or the classics toys, and it was around this time the Melbourne community got very active with the weekly lunchtime meets in the city and the start of the xmas gatherings here - can't believe that era was a decade ago!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

I..... didn’t make for a very good leader

Oh, and it was the start of 2017, not 16 - my bad

Galvatran Guest

It's the members that makes this messageboard great. And also the minimalist intervention of the staff through sheer laziness. (I've added emoticons for the humour challenged).

It would have to be around 2014 shortly after I first became a member.

+ Plenty of like minded members who didn't take life or collecting way too seriously. You know who you are. Keep the banter going.

+ Members with different points of views & wasn't afraid to stand up for what they believed in and be the in the minority camp. Hats off to you.

+ VIC members who I've had the real pleasure to meet IRL whether through meet ups, oggling at their collections on display or Buy/Sell/Trade.

+ The very knowledgable members on all things TF. Bonus points to those who responded with wit, dry or otherwise.

Keep the good times rolling. Ahem... Transform and roll out.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    That was one hell of a campaign Prime Minister BTT! Sh*ts & giggles a plenty. Those were definitely the good days. (griffin stood no chance that year with me as his stooge of a 'campaign manager' but he managed to wrestle it back the following year without my help )

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

Last edited by Galvatran; 15th November 2018 at 04:44 PM.

Honestly I think a lot of how the feel around the boards has been is pretty strongly linked to how it is to be a Transformers fan in general, and I think that 'Golden Age' is really these past few years.

It is probably the perfect time to be a fan. Nothing is off the table in terms of what we can get, there is so much variety and choice now that didn't really exist before, especially when you look back at up to 2010/2011 or so. More obscure characters (though not everyone is a G1 fan) are getting made that make people happy, and I think a lot more healthy and hopeful discussion has popped up than before.

It may be based moreso upon my own experiences, but that feel certainly was very apparent when Thrilling 30 hit, and the celebration of the brand was felt by a lot of people, even if the '30 products' line wasn't that great. It's kind of continued on with the Prime Wars trilogy. People are excited.

I'd say 2014-2018, at least for me.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'd say the last few weeks since KELPIE started posting on the site.

Really lifted the quality of the community for all involved.

I'd say it was the year of the Trev. MP's were getting announced left, right and centre. We got Devastator etc so the boards were buzzing with big announcements.

Personally, it was also the time I was ramping up my interaction here and it felt like we hit peak banter (2014 may have been better but I only joined late in that year).