Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G-Shock X Transformers Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    This thread devolved into puns in seconds
    I'm Genuinely SHOCKed that this has happened

This is why I watch this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Wait... $400 and it doesn't come with the watch? I thought that that was why it was so expensive... since the "toy" isn't that big.
    I think there's two sets to order, one with the watch and another without. This PO by RobotKingdom is much cheaper than $400 AUD even with shipping and it doesn't contain the watch.

Okay... so the au$400 one is with a watch, and the au$200 one doesn't have the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Introducing the second most expensive Transformer ever (going by MSRP)

I see that Seibertron are noting the Encore Fortress Maximus as number one (which my records note as being 32,000yen)... and this G-Shock Optimus will indeed be at second place, but only for a month, as MP Beast Megatron comes out in January with a retail of somewhere between 32,000 and 37,800yen.

Transformers are getting way too over-priced, and not from inflation either... and the prices keep going up because we keep buying them. MP Dinobot and the MP Coneheads were way more than they should have been, compared to other similarly sized MPs, and yet, they pretty much sold out, so why not keep bumping up the price... because, that's how capitalism works, with supply and demand and all.

(and of course, if the toys don't sell, they lose money and would cut back on future projects... rather than keep releasing the toys, but at a more rational price point that still makes them money)

(rant over)

Oh yeah. Totally forgot Megatron is stupidly high. I'm getting him for 26,670 JPY which is already so close to being a no-buy for me.

Even the version of Optimus RK has without the watch is stupidly expensive for what it is.

Back on topic... looking at the TakaraTomyMall listing through google translate, and it says that there will be a lottery drawing for the $400 toy-n-watch, but doesn't say how many they are making. People can "pre-order" during November 19th (today) to November 22nd (just 3 days), and the drawing will take place on the 30th, with the toys sent out from December 8th.
    The non-watch version is probably not limited, and not exclusive to TTM, but I haven't been able to find it listed yet on JP sites. (maybe the non-watch version is just for Asia, outside of Japan)

All these ridiculously expensive figures really are a waste of time.

G, what a shock. I want one but those prices tick me off. I'm clocking out. I'm chrono wait for something better. I wonder if everyone in hour community will fob this off.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    G, what a shock. I want one but those prices tick me off. I'm clocking out. I'm chrono wait for something better. I wonder if everyone in hour community will fob this off.
    Your puns are timeless