Thread: Panasonic TV repair

Default Panasonic TV repair

Hey guys,
    Just asking if anyone has had to go through the rigmirale of getting their plasma tv fixed lately? Regarding price, was it worth the cost or just throw it out.
    Came home from work trip this morning to find my tv (Panasonic 50inch Viera Plasma TH-P50VT 6year old) coming up with a 7 blink code in the power button and the tv not turning in.
    I’ve checked through the usual YouTube videos etc and they all say it could be a couple of things but just wondering what the going rate of labour for a tv tech as well as parts and if it is worth it these days.

Nah mate, made in a throw away society so just buy a new one. Will only be a couple of hundred bucks more so might as well get a new tv. Just not worth it.

Not sure how much it would cost to repair. If it was an expensive television, then a customer would expect it to last quite a few years. If you purchased the item after 1 January 2011, you may have a right to claim repair costs under Australian Consumer Law.

If it's only 6 years old, contact Panasonic Directly.

We had our LED Samsung fail 6 years in, 'outside warranty' and they offered to replace it with a current equivalent price point model or give us that cash. I took the cash so I could buy the same one they offered but re-start my statutory rights (About 10 years for a TV) they even came and picked up the broken one, took a few weeks but they did it free of charge.

As long as you bought it in Australia and kept your receipt/proof of purchase you should be in with a good chance of either repair or replacement.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I did contact Panasonic this morning to find out who their approved repairer is and they are based on the other side of Brisbane. They advised that the boards may not be available etc so replacement parts will be hard to come by.

I ended up speaking with a PC repairs group here on the Bayside of Brisbane, Eds PCs, Victoria Point and they said they would try to do a repair on it or look into it. They advised that they try to repair PCBs rather than replace them. Diagnose price of $85 and they will let me know. Perhaps if it needs a replacement board/boards and they are unavailable then I can go down the track of hitting Panasonic up for compensation due to the need for suppliers to support a product for at least 10 years before dumping the parts/product line.

I'll let you all know what the young fellas at Eds PCs go.