Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should BotBots count as Transformers action figures?

I think so. They just seem like smaller one-step changers to me. Similar to Botshots too.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Answer: yes

They aren’t based on any previous characters or franchises, so they count.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I think so. They are being heavily promoted, they have clear robot and alt modes, they are officially licensed Transformers products, they are being sold in stores.

I shudder to think what the KO market is gonna do with these guys though...

Yes, they count. For reasons mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post

Those Super Wings are pretty cool toys. My son has the red one and it’s not bad. There are many far worse official TFs.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Of course Botbots count... they are produced and released by Hasbro as Transformers(r) toys, and are exactly like Micromasters - about the same size, and have Earthen alt-modes. (some Botbots may look like Happy Meal toys, but the reason why fastfood meal toys don't count is because they aren't sold by Hasbro... and often aren't produced by Hasbro either)

Also, if Botbots had been named and coloured to resemble existing Transformers characters, this question wouldn't have even be asked. (Micromasters were almost all original characters too, so that isn't a reason either)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I had to go back and read the link to find out what this is all about.

Yes these count, however I think it's ridiculous that other officially licensed Transformer items don't count.

I mean, I'm never going to go through and count my collection, however if I was, I'd either break it right down... i.e. G1 Transformers: 100, BW TF's: 10, Animated: 10 Miscellaneous:100

Then if someone said, nah, just all your transformers, I would put all those numbers together including the Miscellaneous which would certainly contain anything officially licensed.

The thing to understand about that counting method, is that it isn't how people MUST count their collection for their own total number... it was set up only for those people wanting to see how their collections objectively compares to others. And since it wasn't deemed fair to have one person dictating the counting method, it was put to a public vote. Unfortunately it means that some elements don't make sense or aren't popular after the small number of voters had their say.... but the total result is the "filter" to compare apples with apples, just for those who want to (and still have their own counting method for their own number).

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yeah I get that and I wasn't around whenever to plead the case of whatever counting method, nor am I privy to the arguments people made at the time.

I imagine there was some wrangling going on in order to reduce the count of some collections while bumping up the count of others, which in my opinion is fair game and all part of the fun.

Just posthumously reacting to the debate and airing my grievances considering I find myself enjoying non-Hasbro/Takara, officially licensed TF's more and more within my collection

In any case, back on topic these should included in counts.

I side with Griffin on this - they transform, they are micro master sized, they have distinct names, they count.

I can see though why this matters. A new collector could rapidly inflate their collection count, particular if they get (accidental) duplicates. I have never believed though that the size of the collection is important. And I really hate to think how many I have, or how much I have spent.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!