Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: China exclusive series - Transformers Nezha

Default China exclusive series - Transformers Nezha

Back in July, it was mentioned that there might be a new Transformers series in China that appeared to be a crossover with the Monkey King universe, called Transformers Nezha.
    Now it has been confirmed to be a cartoon and toyline in 2019... but again, just for China (and possibly not to be released in Hasbro's Asian countries, as Hasbro have been trying to court the Chinese market since Age of Extinction with cross-promotions in the big Movies and exclusive computer games & apps... and now, their own exclusive cartoon & toyline).
    • Transformers: Nezha – Scout Assortment
    • Transformers: Nezha – Warrior Assortment
    • Transformers: Nezha – Spark Armour 1
    • Transformers: Nezha – Ultra Assortment
    • Transformers: Nezha – Nezha
    • Transformers: Nezha – Spark Armour 2
    • Transformers: Nezha – 3 Pack
    • Transformers: Nezha – Ultimate Assortment
    • Transformers: Nezha – Spark Armour 3
    If this ends up being a good toy series, it's time to find some friends in China...

I was never able to track down a JD Red Knight Chinese exclusive, and so few hit eBay. I really hope that some Chinese eBay sellers pop up for them.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

This is still yet to begin in China, but word has come from Hasbro America that the cartoon and toys should be out by the end of the year (in China), but there is a possibility that the cartoon and toys could see a release outside of China... but it doesn't sound too likely.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My China trips will likely be over towards the end of the year, which is a shame. I could have helped pick some up for everyone.

Still waiting on this series to hit TV screens and toyshops in China, it has been found that the cartoon should end up being 52 episodes, but at the new standard length of 11 minutes each.

Looking at those toy listings they sound a lot like Cyberverse Power of the Spark armour figures, maybe they'll be repaints of some of the stuff that's already been released?

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Looking at those toy listings they sound a lot like Cyberverse Power of the Spark armour figures, maybe they'll be repaints of some of the stuff that's already been released?
    It will be interesting to see if Hasbro in China recycle those Cyberverse toys in some way (or any existing toys, to save a fair bit of money, particularly if they haven't been officially released in China before).

From Twitter comes two very blurry photos of our first look at three of the toys for this toyline - it looks like a 3-pack of Legends sized toys.
    The three characters are Nezha, Lei Zhenzi, and Tu Xingsun, which appear to turn into vehicles (no alt-mode photo yet).

It looks like Nezha will be going into some brickplay! (No that's not something dirty, its a real word!)

Pictures are surfaces on brick4.com of Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee and WINDBLADE all bricked up lego-style. Windblade' inclusion seems to be novel, as well as the traditional inclusion of Optimus/Bumblebee. So maybe its going to be a mish-mash of traditional and non-traditional characters?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Hasbro taking another run at Kreo? Looks like the majority of characters will be recycled from Cyberverse except for a few unique characters.

A link to the images, taken from a facebook posting.