My opinions are a bit biased towards recent issues as I can barely remember the early stuff.

1. Drift - While I applaud many of IDW's in-house characters. Drift, never really jelled with me. He's not terribly interesting, he's a living macguffin/magical negro and in later issues as a 'core' character seems to occupy space on pages without adding much to them. I'd much rather he just disappeared after his original story arc.
  2. Spotlight Ramjet - an early IDW sin (and not the only) but arguably the most irrelevant. It adds nothing to the universe/narrative and takes away a valuable character. Was basically made to sell the Classics Ramjet toy. A pretty poor ad if you ask me.
  3. Maximals - with the dismantling of the Autobots vs Decepticons the Maximals were pulled out of a drawer to be nameless and disposable baddies. We got some cool art, but also had to suffer zero characterisation and a ridiculous backstory. Hopefully they get some justice in the reboot.
  4. Cyberutopia - there was always going to be a twist to this and MTMTE/LL was more about the journey than the destination but by hell this was rushed, nonsensical and ultimately lame end to a major plot point.
  5. Hasbro Universe - Shoehorning a whole bunch of Hasbro properties into a Transformers storyline in the final quarter of the game just ended up being messy and a waste of panels overall.