Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post

1. Megatron starts a war for control of the AllSpark, apparently with the Fallen hovering in the background.

2. Sentinel Prime negotiates an end to the war with Megatron, possibly promising to deliver his Space Bridge technology.

3. Sentinel Prime is lost to space. No more Sentinel.

4. Megatron continues the war, and the AllSpark is lost.

5. Megatron flies after the AllSpark.

6. Megatron lands on Earth.

7. The Ark lands on the Moon.

8. The Ark is found by Decepticons, possibly while looking for Megatron and the AllSpark. Soundwave and Laserbeak move on to Earth, while other Decepticons stockpile Space Bridge pillars and wait for the next move.

9. The 2007 movie happens. The AllSpark is lost.

10. Revenge of the Fallen happens. Megatron returns to the Fallen without the AllSpark, but fortunately there's a new plan: that planet he was on happens to have an old Harvester on it. They can use that to make Energon and use that to rebuild Cybertron, and kill the last known Prime while they're at it.

11. The Harvester is destroyed, and the Fallen is killed.

12. Megatron learns that Sentinel Prime is on the moon. He knows that Optimus now has the Matrix, so he comes up with a new plan: engineer the Autobots' discovery of the Ark so Optimus can revive Sentinel Prime. Since Sentinel is in league with Megatron, they can come up with something once Sentinel is reactivated.

13. Dark of the Moon happens. Sentinel and Megatron get back in contact and come up with a new plan: since this planet they're on happens to have a large population of intelligent creatures on it, use those Space Bridge pillars to bring Cybertron to Earth and get them to do a lot of the work of rebuilding.

There you go. No contradictions. Continuity is preserved.
I like that, thats probably the most sense I've seen someone make out of the first 5 movies continuity.

Yeah, continuity would be great but by this time I don't really give a stuff. If the new Bee movie wants to contradict what has come before (which it has) thats fine with me. Personally I hope the powers that be give up on trying to make the new movies fit in with the old and decide to head off in a whole new direction instead.