Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Spoiled Under 30 Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Gok the year he mentioned was 1980 and I don't remeber call waiting or Microwaves in the average household, as far as I can remember Video players were only just starting to come into homes but were like about $1200 so it wasn't for the average Joe. The reason I have such a good recollection of that year is because(giving away my age now)I was in year 8. Kup back in the mid 80's there was a Global recession(I think) and a lot of small business went belly up, unemployment was pretty high at the time as well, if you got a job, any job you were happy. TV was crap in general, here in Perth we had channel 9, 7 and the ABC. I spent more time down the local swamp collecting various animals than I did at home as this was by far more entertaining.
    I was living overseas then so I missed all that. TV was freaking awesome! and I had a BetaMax player. My quality of life was better too so I can't really say how things were in Aus.

I was mainly referring to the Baby boomer generation that bought property for pocket change and are now set for life such as my Uncle who has been living in Australia for like 40 years.

I think this was meant to be a light hearted funny email and not really over analysied.

I remember our first VCR player. we got it in 1984/1985. The video cassette was inserted through the top and the remote was connected to the video by a cord. The good old days.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I think this was meant to be a light hearted funny email and not really over analysied.

I remember our first VCR player. we got it in 1984/1985. The video cassette was inserted through the top and the remote was connected to the video by a cord. The good old days.
    That's how our BetaMax was It also had a giant clock which was a separate box so you can program record times.

Betamax top loaders(giggles), that was a far superior format than VHS but if you can bombard the average person with enough BS then I guess you'll win out in the end unfortunately. Yes I know it's meant to be a light hearted thread but I'm a crusty old fart.

Beta is awesome we still had one at our place until about 6 months ago it just didnt die!! although now its in a tip somewhere

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Remote Controls? talk about technology...

(I remember the days when you had to actually walk over to the TV to change the channel... )

I was born in 87 and the first TV I grew up with didn't have a remote, we did have a VCR with a remote though, but if you wanted to FF/REW you had to aim it at the VCR the whole time.. Ahh those were the days

North Melbourne-bot...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim
    I remember our first VCR player. we got it in 1984/1985. The video cassette was inserted through the top and the remote was connected to the video by a cord.
    Yes! That's what our first VHS VCR was like!

And remember THIS?

Zzzk-zzzzrrr... Zzk-zzzrrr... Zzzzkk-zzzzzrrrrr... Zzzzzzzk-zzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrr... Zkzr...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yes! That's what our first VHS VCR was like!

And remember THIS?

Zzzk-zzzzrrr... Zzk-zzzrrr... Zzzzkk-zzzzzrrrrr... Zzzzzzzk-zzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrr... Zkzr...
    I loved those. I was very depressed the day my parents replaced our old one of those w/ that new digital stuff. I loved how the dial turned back and forth. I remember using pens, pencils or lego pieces to turn the dial and watching in fascination as it did.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

and that cord was only 3 feet long so you had to get up to use it anyways:P

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    And remember THIS?

phone banking would be a bitch