Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Spoiled Under 30 Crowd

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    BTW Pulse you now owe me a free TF for bringing up the memories of "Growing Pains"
    Um, Oh, Ah...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Remember those large 80s Skateboards? Two friends and I used to sit on one and then roll down this massively steep long hill (I sill remember the name, Prescott st) and we used to reach crazy speeds and we had to jump out onto the grass at the end of the street or we would go into the main traffic and we were going too quick to stop it with our feet.

One time we went down like usual but a car at full speed turned into the street and was heading straight towards us, we had no where soft to jump to and going too fast too stop, the car had seen us but it was too late so he slammed the breaks but there was no way he was going to stop in time, we jump out of the board onto the hard road and rolled to the sides scrapping our knees and elbows badly and the skateboard went right under the car before it stopped. The car break noise was very loud and a lot of people came out to see. We were ok but bloody and the dude started to swear out of his car window and drove off.
    I know that pain first-hand...

Sitting on the skateboard gave you a real rush as you weren't only closer to the road, but you also had a shorter distance to fall...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Remember those large 80s Skateboards?
    Ah those single kick skateboards that were so wide and short they made perfect luge boards. I remember may a time laying down on them going face first down the steep end of Breakfast Road. (Pulse, Leige and Rampage should know where I am talking about). Although anywhere in Marayong Heights was a good spot for the luge!

Did anyone else ever use to play Trampoline tackles? You tilted the trampoline up on it's side, then two people had to climb up the springs and hold on to them while a third ran in an tackled the trampoline mat. Not only did you have to stay on, you had to avoid the springs too!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'm one of the younger collectors here (19) and I gotta say, there are things there I remember from "back in the old days". I didn't get to use the internet until probably the very last year of primary school, and even then it was fairly primitive (nothing at home and a school that didn't get heaps of funding). I had a penpal in grade 3, 4 and 5 and that was letters. I remember recording to my walkman before kazaa. I Was sort of born into the Super nintendo era, rather than nintendo, but I remember when Mario 64 was nothing short of amazing.

Show this to my 6 year old brother, he'd be telling quite a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    One thing I can't stand is how "safety conscious" everything has become these days.

I mean, when I was a kid, hurting yourself was all a part of growing up. I can remember this one time when I went head-over-handlebars on my bike while on a gravel driveway. Another occasion during the "skateboard era" I had some bad stacks on my street, and then there are trampolines - if you've never gotten your head/arm/leg caught between the springs = you've never experienced real pain!

What was the sitcom from the 80's called? "Growing Pains"?
    It is a real shame too. How are we supposed to remove the stupids from the population now?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    It is a real shame too. How are we supposed to remove the stupids from the population now?
    Don't worry, emulating jackass will take care of it.