Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Optimus Prime up next?

Default Transformers Optimus Prime up next?

I'm not sure where this was first mentioned, but TFW are saying that it has come from Paramount... and even though character-based movies were going to be the next phase (like with Star Wars, and if Bumblebee is a reboot it could be like the Marvel Universe, starting with movies that focus more on one character before bringing the band (back) together), it would make sense that the other main identity/face of the Brand would be the title of the next one.
    The other notable bit of info is that Travis Knight hasn't been called up to do another Transformers Movie at this time, but it is still very early - the Bumblebee Movie hasn't even been officially released yet.

At least the producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura is quite positive about there being more Transformers Movies, including a return to the bigger epics at some point... provided they have the tone of the Bumblebee Movie.
    (he confesses that he isn't a fan of the Unicron Element, so it could end up being a loose end... if Bumblebee is the start of a new reboot)

Just adding to the first post, Travis Knight has commented that he was so impressed with how the Cybertronian scenes ended up, the fanboy in him would love to do a complete CGI Cybertronian movie... obviously if the studios want one.
    (back before TF5 had a disappointing result, I recall that the writers room ideas included a CGI movie set on Cybertron, so it wouldn't need too much convincing to have started)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hmmm, an all cgi Cybertron movie would be awesome, but I’m not sure how a stand-alone Optimus movie would go. It’s not like there is a lot of room for character growth as he is pretty much fully developed.

Maybe if it was like Thor 3 and he was on a planet other than Cybertron or Earth. Might give more scope for them to play around with him.

While all CGI would be awesome, it would be far too expensive. In the EW interview the direction said that he had to remove characters due to CGI modelling costs - and had to make hard decisions to even save Ravage, let alone his brethren. Likewise for Brawn and Arcee, who were only shown momentarily.

Animated is far far cheaper, but you get 'cartoony' cgi. Even then, its expensive, as we've seen with the REALLY short prime Wars trilogy animations. I wish they'd go for traditional cell painted animation, where you can have as many characters as you want without having to worry about CGI model development costs.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Can't wait for the walking quote engine to get his own movie.

FatalityPitt Guest

If it's a story set on Cybertron and it's all CGI, I hope it looks the way it did in the Bumblebee movie, and that there's toys based on those designs. That Arcee and Wheeljack looked awesome!

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    It’s not like there is a lot of room for character growth as he is pretty much fully developed.
    That isn't necessarily true. It all comes down to a question of when they set the movie even moreso than where they set it.

I wouldn't mind seeing them combine the Optimus Prime movie and Cybertron movie into one. War Dawn is one of my favourite episodes of the G1 cartoon, so maybe start off with Orion Pax and have him become Optimus by the end of the film.