Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 (Walmart) Gen1 reissue Optimus

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    According to TFW, this Optimus might be US$50 (that's about AU$72 - which would be AU$100 if sold here), and will come with two guns, which I'm not sure what the second gun will be.
    Either cartoon gun or a megatron gun.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

According to TFW, this Optimus might be US$50 (that's about AU$72 - which would be AU$100 if sold here), and will come with two guns, which I'm not sure what the second gun will be.
    Okay, I can't justify paying that price. Not when I could buy a Japanese reissue complete with Trailer and Roller for the same price right now. :/

If Cotton On happens to get a European version sold at a cheaper price then I might consider it. But if it's going to be close to or at AU$100 then you might as well just get the Takara reissue.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Okay, I can't justify paying that price. Not when I could buy a Japanese reissue complete with Trailer and Roller for the same price right now. :/

If Cotton On happens to get a European version sold at a cheaper price then I might consider it. But if it's going to be close to or at AU$100 then you might as well just get the Takara reissue.
    That Japanese Optimus is in pretty bad nick though, if that’s the best that Mandarake can price it at.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    That Japanese Optimus is in pretty bad nick though, if that’s the best that Mandarake can price it at.
    Oh, you're right... I thought it was just the box, but the hose is broken too.
    Still, given the choice of paying $100 for just an Optimus Prime cab robot with nothing else vs an Optimus Prime with everything except an in tact hose, I still think that the Mandarake figure offers better dollar value.

The Wal Mart reissue is still offering less at a similar price.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm still not sure where most of us will be able to get this version with the US box art.

As others have said, I would pretty much buy this just for the sexy packaging. Cotton On international won't cut it for me here.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Oh, you're right... I thought it was just the box, but the hose is broken too.
    Still, given the choice of paying $100 for just an Optimus Prime cab robot with nothing else vs an Optimus Prime with everything except an in tact hose, I still think that the Mandarake figure offers better dollar value.

The Wal Mart reissue is still offering less at a similar price.
    Hey maybe there's a random op shop somewhere in the world selling a misb USA G1 Optimus prime for $5. Therefore this reissue would be too expensive if it was priced at $6.

Regular and bloated rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    The prodigal son returns. Welcome back bro!

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    The prodigal son returns. Welcome back bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

$100.00 for just the cab?!?!?!?! I'll stick with my original Optimus.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot